Chapter 3: A Small Gift

As the train came to a screeching halt I felt a tight ball of nerves pop up in my stomach. We had arrived. I looked over to Hatsume and she seemed to notice something was off because she took my hand and said

"Hey! Don't be nervous, Y/n! If anyone is going to make it into the hero program, it's you! I know how hard you've worked on your quirk since we met, you totally deserve this! Oh! Almost forgot: I made something special for you for today! Maybe it can help you pass!" and before I knew it she was rummaging around in her pockets. 

From them she produced a small silver band and she promptly took my hand, turned it over and placed it in my palm. I looked down at it, a silver ring with a small clear orb attached to it.

"What's it do?" I asked curiously, turning it in my fingers as I studied it.

"Well I know you get nervous when there isn't any light around for you to be able to use, so that little baby can store some in it's crystal! Just take some from a lamppost or a bit from your phone and then touch the ring! It'll stay in there until you wanna take it out and use it!" She beamed up at me, her scope-like irises getting smaller as if she was zooming in on me for my reaction.

"That's amazing! Thanks Mei! It means the world to me." I said as I pulled her into a quick hug before we stepped off the train. As we walked to the test building, I took my phone out and activated my quirk. A small stream of bluish light jumped out of the screen, and I guided it with my finger to the ring. The light seemed to get sucked into the ring, and the clear crystal turned the same color as the light, faintly glowing as I held it up in awe.

"Yes, it worked perfectly!"I heard Hatsume squeal as we neared the door. I turned to her and held up my hand for a high five before we had to part ways, as the support course test was in a separate area than the hero course's test. 

"Lets kick this test's ass!" I said as she smacked my hand in our high five

"Heck YEAH!"she yelled, and with that, she was sprinting away, invention in hand.