Chapter 11 - He's Back

HEY GUYS! THANK YOU FOR ALL OF THE DEEBACKS YOU GAVE TO ME IN THE LAST CHAPTER! I HOPE YOU ALL HAD A FUN WEEK.

P.S. JEREMY'S PICTURE ON THE SIDE. I ACTUALLY CHANGED HIS CHARACTER FROM JAMES MASLOW TO ALXANDER LUDWIG. JUST TO LET YOU ALL KNOW.

____________________________________________

CHAPTER 11

Lizzie’s POV

        Months. It has been months since college started and Amy and I have met the boys. To be honest, it has been a fun experience. I hang out with them almost every day so that means that I have also met their girlfriends. Danielle, Perrie and Eleanor are very sweet girls. When the boys are busy, Amy and I usually take them shopping. All in all, life is good.

        Amy and I finally finished unpacking in our new condominium. I must admit, it was a relief since I couldn’t exactly sleep inside my room with the awkward smell of boxes. I swear, if I trip over those boxes one more time, I would remove our investments in the box making company. As expected, the condominium that my parents picked out for me could room at least five persons so I guess that the boys took that as an invitation to come over whenever they felt like it. I’m seriously worried that they might have hacked our keys and made a copy for themselves. I made a decision to place a lock in the snacks cabinet if Niall ever got near it.

        Harry and I never talked about the incident inside the wine cellar. Even though I felt sparks that night, we would never have a chance together. Besides, he is dating Taylor Swift now. Why would he ever break up with her? She’s perfect.

        “Liz? You okay? You look kind of washed out. You just went from Cloud 9 to deathbed” I rolled my eyes at Amy. Trust her to make a sarcastic comment after a concerned one.

        “I’m fine A. You can go back to making me a third wheel and talk to your boyfriend animatedly” I gestured between her and Niall.  Did I mention that they started dating a month ago? No. Big. Deal. It’s not like they were all lovey dovey and making out every time. Note the sarcasm.

***

        “As I have read on Wikipedia, ‘Management in all business and organizational activities is the act of getting people together to accomplish desired goals and objectives using available resources efficiently and effectively. Management comprises planning, organizing, staffing, leading or directing, and controlling an organization or effort for the purpose of accomplishing a goal. Resourcing encompasses the deployment and manipulation of human resources, financial resources, technological resources and natural resources.’ This—people—is the real deal” I listened to Professor Cade talk about management for the last thirty minutes. I have been trying to ignore Harry’s constant hissing beside me to capture my attention. After another five minutes of this, I finally snapped.

        “WHAT?!” I shouted loudly enough for all of the students to look at me. Some were amused, some were annoyed and some were just curious.

        Harry immediately raised his hands in defeat, “I was just going to ask if you had an extra pen”

        “Ms. Adams! Mr. Styles! Would you care to share what is going on up there?” Mr. Cade was actually scary when he wants to be.

        “I would love to sir but the subject is actually worthless” I said in a confident voice. Thank God for daddy!

        Mr. Cade just smirked and said, “By all means… enlighten us”

        I rolled my eyes, “Harry’s harassing me”

        “WHAT?!” Harry’s girly scream made the whole class erupt in laughter. I am seriously considering him to be gay. How awesome would that be?! I always wanted a gay best friend. He can be the Kurt to my Rachel.

        “You sounded so gay Harry!” Niall grinned and slipped an arm around Amy.

        “I bet Lizzie’s excited to find out if you really are so that she can have a gay best friend” Amy piped up, smiling smugly.

        “I bet she is” Zayn stated behind me.

        Harry turned around to give him a glare. “She’s not!” After a second, he added “Are you?”

        I shrugged. “I have always wanted a gay best friend”

        “That kind of hurts princess!” A new voice piped up inside the room. All eyes immediately turned to see my former best friend enter the classroom.

        The girls immediately tried to fix their clothes to impress him and some guys groaned since a new guy who was way hotter than them stepped inside. I felt my heartbeat stop for a short moment. He was here. Jeremy. Oh My God.

        “Ah! Mr. Williams. I was beginning to think you have neglected to say yes to my invitation to become my TA” I gasped as soon as Professor Cade said those words. Not. Possible.

***

        I hurriedly fixed my things as soon as the bell rang to signal the end of classes. I wanted to get out of here as soon as possible. My relationship with Jeremy was not good. Let’s just say that the girl who broke up with her boyfriend didn’t want to be near another person from the male species so she decided to ignore her guy best friend ever since. That’s just putting it mildly. I quickly placed my bag around my shoulder and stood up.

        “Could you be any damn slower?” I asked Amy when I saw that she was trying to fit her textbook inside her small bag.

        “Chill Liz. He’s talking to Prof. Cade” She said when she finally zipped her bag close and laced her hand with Niall’s. I looked at him with his handsome features talking to our professor. When he met my eyes, I immediately averted my gaze.

        “Let’s go!” I groaned and grabbed her arm to make a run for it. I didn’t care that she was practically dragging Niall with her while Zayn and Harry were awkwardly trying to keep up.

        I barely made it outside the classroom when I heard his voice say, “Leaving already, Lizzie?”

        I muttered a quick curse and turned around to smile at him awkwardly. “Jeremy! I didn’t see you there. I was just gonna go to my next class since I don’t want to be late.” There was an awkward silence after that. “Okay bye!”

        I barely made it three steps until he chuckled and said, “Still ignoring me”

        I gave him a flat look. “No”

        He took a few steps forward and grinned at me. “Prove it” Before I had enough time to recognize what was happening, he wrote his new number at the back of my hand.

________________________________________

I KNOW! THIS IS SUCH A SHORT CHAPTER AND YOU ALL WANT TO PUNCH ME IN THE FACE. THIS IS KIND OF JUST A FEEDBACK ON WHAT IS HAPPENING IN THEIR LIVES NOW. FOR ALL THOSE WHO ARE CONFUSED, IT HAS BEEN SIX MONTHS SINCE THE KISS.

THE SONG ON THE SIDE IS BEST FRIEND MY JASON CHEN. SUCH A SWEET SONG! I WANT YOU ALL TO HEAR IT :)