Chapter 23 - Throwback

CHAPTER 23

THROWBACK

Harry’s POV

     Elizabeth and I are not  the most normal of couples. It’s not everyday that you get to watch your girlfriend bawl her eyes out because her father almost died—and not because of a sickness. No. He got shot (Thank the Lord for bulletproof vests). It’s also not everyday that, just because of a simple sleepover, you get to meet one of America’s most powerful families—how they don’t have a reality show is beyond me.

     I realize, as I stare at my laptop screen, that relationships like this are bound to end in disaster. For example, in our complicated collaboration, is that I am not following her on one of the most important milestones in a relationship: Twitter. I know that may seem a little shallow but you have to admit that in the internet, Lizzie and I never had any communication. It was as if we were total strangers to each other. You’ve Got Mail has more technology action than us. Of course, Tom Hanks and Meg Ryan started off as strangers communicating with each other by means of internet…but the point is, Lizzie and I are NOT a normal couple!

     So here I am inside my room, asking for Elizabeth’s Twitter name from the lads.

     “Hey! Any of you know Elizabeth’s number on Twitter?”

     Zayn’s head suddenly popped up from my doorway. Louis, Liam and Niall followed suit, and pretty soon, I was being squashed to death by the lads—in my bed.

     “Are you trying to tell us that you’re not following her yet?” Liam asked, his voice laced with disbelief.

     I suddenly felt defensive. “So what? A lot of couples don’t follow each other on Twitter”

     “But you’ve already said the great‘143’ to each other”Zayn commented.

     “So?”

     “Sooo…” Louis continued. “That means that you two are already serious and you don’t have to hide anything from each other anymore.”

     “And?”

     “And…” Niall. Were they all giving me a lecture. “If you’re not following each other on Twitter, then it means that your relationship haven’t reached the point where you’re both comfortable with being each other’s stalker”

     I raised my eyebrows in disbelief, “And that’s bad?”

     A throbbing sensation in my head erupted as Louis hit me in the head with a magazine—I have no idea where he got it. “Heck yes! For an ex-manwhore, you’re not very good at relationships”

     “But that’s the point of being a manwhore!”Face-palm.

     “He has a point” Liam commented as Louis pouted dramatically.

     After a few minutes of short banter, Zayn finally asked, “So you gonna follow her or what?”

     I didn’t have to be told twice as I quickly typed in her name. She’ll probably have a pretentious name. Knowing Elizabeth, it’s something bizarre. Ah there it is! I was baffled when I read her username as @BadAssLizzie.

     “Wow! A normal pretentious username” Niall commented as a murmur of approval emerged from us. I’m glad I’m not the only one who thinks so.

     I quickly clicked on the profile, wondering how more ‘normal’ she can get. Well! Apparently only a little amount of ‘normal’. Still! She has a very nice icon, emphasizing the necklace that she is always wearing. I tore my eyes away from her and read her bio. I immediately laughed.