Chapter 24 - Busy, Busy, Busy

CHAPTER 24

BUSY, BUSY, BUSY

     “Tommy used to work on the docks

     Union’s been on strike

     He’s down on his luck!

     It’s tough! So tough” Bon Jovi’s Living on a Prayer blasted on our speakers making my eyes dart open. Why is everything so white? Riiiight. All of us fell asleep on the living room. I’m just looking at the ceiling. Why does everything smell like chocolate? Oh yeah. We devoured every last bit of sweets and ice cream on our refrigerator.

     “What the hell is that?” A voice, I recognized as Lynn’s, asked. She’s definitely not a morning person.

     I sat up straight, squinting my eyes to get used to the rays of the sun peeking in from our window. A long blanket was wrapped on us even though we fought over it in the night. I glanced at my formerly sleeping friends who are now groaning because of the rock music blasting through the speakers.

     “It’s our alarm clock” Amy answered for both of us. As far as I could tell, she’s already awake even though her face was being squashed in a pillow.

     “On a Saturday?” Jasmine asked, suddenly sitting up even though her eyes are still closed. I snickered softly, grabbing my phone from the couch and taking a picture of her. When the ‘clicking sound’ emerged, her eyes immediately darted open. “Did you just take a picture of my morning head?” She asked.

     I grinned, standing up. “Yep!” I adjusted the hem of my shorts and walked towards the door to check on my bodyguards. Poor guys. The least that I could do is give them a break “By the way, that alarm means that we slept in on a weekend. It’s probably 12:00 noon” I explained, opening the door. The guards quickly straightened themselves to look protective. “Have you guys had breakfast?” I asked them.

     The new guards nodded while Stan just raised his eyebrow at them.

     I gave them the best glare I could muster. Let me tell you: it’s scary. “Don’t you dare lie to me”

     They suddenly tensed up. One of them decided to speak up. “We haven’t had breakfast yet Ms. Adams”

     I softened my look. “Take it easy guys. It’s not like I’m going to kill you if you don’t eat breakfast” Stan was now snickering, so were my original bodyguards.

     One guys nodded making me look at him. Holy cheesecakes! This dude is freaking hot! Why haven’t I noticed this before?! “Yes Ms. Adams” (A/N: Picture of Jason on the side. Hot damn!)

     I chuckled, “Call me Lizzie. Now go out and get some breakfast before I castrate all of you”

     They all nodded and walked away. Yep! That’s how I do it. I quickly checked him out as he began to walk away. The one who ruined my concentration was chuckling from Stan. “Why are you laughing?” I asked.

     “You were checking him out, doll” Oh! Did I mention that Stan is very close to Randy and that means that Randy told him every embarrassing thing that he could remember about me. I rolled my eyes. Big guys.

     “So what?” I raised one eyebrow.

     He pursed his lips, pulling out his phone from his pocket. “I’m telling Harry”

     I gasped. Traitor! I shouted a war cry before jumping up to steal his phone from him.

     “Harry! Lizzie is checking out one of her new bodyguards” He read while raising the phone high up in the air. Not fair!