Epilogue - Don't Let Me Go

OOOKAY MY BADASS READERS, THIS IS GOING TO BE THE VERY LAST CHAPTER OF NUMBER ZONE! *SOBS* THANK YOU ALL FOR SUPPORTING THIS STORY. IT REALLY MEANS A LOT TO ME THAT SOME OF YOU STAYED UNTIL THE END EVEN THOUGH I SUCK AT UPDATING THIS STORY.

THIS CHAPTER IS DEDICATED TO SOMEONE WHO WAS ALWAYS THERE SINCE THE BEGINNING. SHE HAS BECOME ONE OF MY BEST FRIENDS HERE ON WATTPAD. HERE YOU GO, CHLOE.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

CHAPTER 29

Don’t Let Me Go

     I put my sunglasses on as I strolled out of the college. Flashes distracted my vision, making me look down on the ground to shield my eyes. Ever since the accident, the paps have been following me non-stop. It also doesn’t help that I didn’t go anywhere near the hospital while Harry was confined. After three days since Harry was stable, I got a call from Liam saying that he had woken up and was asking for me. I softly replied a ‘thank you for telling me this’ and hung up even before he could say one word. It has been three weeks since that happened and ever since, Harry and the boys have been calling me almost every day. It has been hard leaving Harry. I don’t want to do it all over again. The boys decided to take a break for college. Needless to say, I haven’t seen them for a very long time.

     I felt a hand grab mine. I looked up to see Amy, her face also covered in sunglasses. I told her that she didn’t need to help me get through this but she downright smacked me on the head and called me ‘banana balls’ since I would be crazy to even think that she would not support me.

     Speaking of support, since today was actually a free day because the faculty has some kind of a convention to go to, Amy decided to invite my friends to a night out. She thought I could use a night getting drunk and, for once, I agreed with her completely.

     A grin made its way on my face when I spotted a familiar head of fiery red hair. Soon enough, I saw every member of ‘Charms’ grinning at me from ear to ear—including Jeremy, Beck and Mandy. I was beyond flattered that almost everyone that Amy invited said ‘yes’. I have no idea with Seth and Stacey but it looks like they are dealing with their own issues. Stacey just had to bring the whole ‘college’ subject and kept telling Seth on how she wanted to attend Yale University.

     I giggled—yes, I could honestly say that I giggled—when all of my five friends attacked me in a bear hug. Even Amy. Mandy, Beck and Jeremy just stood on the sidelines, amused by the affection. Cameras were flashing everywhere. I don’t blame the paps. This was probably the first time that I have laughed in public ever since leaving Harry. A chorus of ‘I miss you’ and ‘how are you feeling?’ were whispered in my ear. I smiled at them and mumbled a short reply. I pulled away from their hug and gave Mandy and Jeremy kisses on the cheek. Beck was a little different though. It was probably the third time we met and the guy practically lifted me off the floor and twirled me around. The paps were in a frenzy, trying to capture of Beck’s toned arms wrapped around me.

     I slapped his back and told him to put me down. He obliged, but not before giving me a kiss on the cheeks. Now don’t think that he and I have a relationship. He was just an enthusiastic person. He’s a very close friend and it’s always going to stay that way—even though he’s obviously very handsome.

     “You clean up nice. The first time I saw you, you weren’t wearing a shirt” I teased.

     He poked his tongue out. “I still looked gorgeous even though I wasn’t wearing a shirt”

     “I agree!” Lynn nodded enthusiastically.

     “You haven’t even seen him without a shirt on” Monica commented.