Chapter 22 - Proposition

SO THIS CHAPTER IS QUITE SHORT...OKAY FINE. IT'S SHORT. IT'S KIND OF IMPORTANT THAT YOU READ THIS CHAPTER SINCE THIS IS THE BASIS FOR OUR FINALE! OOOOH! BET YOU GOT EXCITED, DIDN 'T YOU? ;) ANYWAY... ENJOY!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

CHAPTER 22

PROPOSITION

     “Elizabeth! Is it true that Mr. Adams was shot?

     “Will you please comment on the given situation?

     “How many bodyguards were added in your collection?

     “Are you going to stop your schooling?

     I felt Harry squeeze my hand as we both kept our head down. I avoided the paparazzi at all costs. I don’t want my current situation to be in the cover of any newspaper or any magazine in the whole country. Being a snob is one thing, the other thing is being a private person. I prefer the latter. Thank goodness I have Amy and the rest of the boys with me so that I am not the only one avoiding any paparazzi. The guilt is kind of eating me because they aren’t supposed to be harassed like this, but, they told me that they were fine and I should only worry about school and nothing more.

     My bodyguards checked if I was alright as soon as we were out of the public eye. My father already called the head of the school to allow my bodyguards to guard each room that I will be taking a class in. We were in full damage control with the press and everyone was on their guard. I can’t help but think that this is my entire fault. If I hadn’t associated myself with that a*shole, everything would be alright right now.

     Zayn and Niall both gave me a hug as soon as they saw me. The overwhelming happiness that I felt because I had real friends is slowly creeping inside of me.

     “You okay?” Zayn asked, penetrating me with his brooding gaze.

     Damn. Why can’t I lie? “No”

     They all gave me looks of sympathy—which I appreciate but greatly hate. “You’ll be fine when everything is over”

     I breathed in and out. “I hope so”

     “There you are! I’ve been looking everywhere for you!” A new voice exclaimed. Before I could react, I was engulfed in a massive hug. I already knew that it was my best friend who was squishing the life out of me. If I was a new friend, I would have killed him there but then I realized that I spent the rest of my time in middle school trying to get used to his massive bearhugs that I realized that it’s okay.

     “Seriously?” I asked as soon as he placed me down. I could honestly see The boys and Amy snickering in the background.

     He nodded. “Seriously”

     I grinned, “You’re so worrisome, Jer”