Chapter 21 - Extreme Measures

CHAPTER 21

EXTREME MEASURES

Lizzie's POV

"God damn it!" I heard my father curse as he tried to remove his bulletproof vest that he had a habit of wearing in certain times. Thank goodness he wore it today or else I wouldn't know what to do if my father's blood stained the driveway. "I want him found! I want him killed! He should be dead! How the hell did he get in?!" My father was on the verge of throwing anything he sees. Apparently he wasn't very fond of getting shot.

"Honey, you need to calm down" My mother soothed him by placing a hand on his shoulder and removing the vest properly from my dad. As soon as the vest was removed, everyone could clearly see the bruise beginning to form on the side of his stomach.

"How am I going to calm down Amanda? I was almost fu*king killed. My family's lives are at stake. Not to mention the fact that that bastard is still roaming around plotting some God damn revenge on our daughter's life" My father shouted, not caring that he wasn't wearing a shirt in front of everyone.

"I know, William. You just need to calm down so we can all find out our new safety measures" My mother tried to reason with him.

My father seemed to calm down and looked at all of the guards. "I need new guards. I want them experienced! I want my children be guarded at all times! Double their guards!"

I almost protested but my sister beat me to it, "But dad! Don't you think that's a bit melodramatic?"

My father sighed as if this was a conversation we had everyday. "Not now Mandy. If you could all follow me?" He addressed the guards and they quickly moved inside his office.

Undeniable silence passed between us. I felt my boyfriend place a hand on my back to lessen tears threatening to fall from my eyes. The way that his hand was slowly tracing a pattern on my back calmed down a little. I have never wanted to show anyone my vulnerable side. I don't want anyone thinking that I was weak. I rarely cried in front of other people-excluding the part when I watched Titanic with the girls and spent the night bawling my eyes off with Jack's death. With Harry, I could just feel like whatever I wanted. It was like I could completely trust him. He knows what to say most of the time and he was never impatient with me even though we only started dating. I know that we already said the three words eight letters crap with each other but I couldn't help but fully realize that I love him. Oh my God. I'm crazy in love with him. He's everything that I have wanted in my entire life.

"Harry?" I whispered weakly, not trusting my normal voice to speak.

"Yes, love?" He asked, making my heart swell ten times more.

I turned myself around and buried my face in his neck as I hang on to him in dear life. "I love you"

He sighed in satisfaction and hugged me back tightly, "I love you too. You know that, right?"

I nodded softly. I love the way his body totally fits with mine. He's my leverage. I need him right now.

"Sweetie?" My mom came up behind me so I was forced to let Harry go. "You could go upstairs if you want to take some rest"

I rubbed my eyes, "I'm good, mom. Thanks"

She nodded, "Alright. I'll just bring some tea to your father. Please stay here for the night. God knows I have to deal with William if he finds out you're gone"

I chuckled even though I was pretty spooked. My mother had a way of bringing up the atmosphere at times like this-not that this happened before.