Chapter 33: The Fault is Yours

Start from the beginning

And right on cue, as both women peered into the backseat they caught sight of Faye swinging her arm towards Kaila. Hitting her with the palm of her hand once, the confused girl was already in tears.

"Faye!" Nina scolded. "We do not hit in this car."

"But mama she cheated!"

"I don't care what she did. That is no reason for you to hit. You better tell her you're sorry before I pull this car over right now and spank you myself!" She said in a voice that she reserved only for when she wanted to be intimidating.

Grumbling loudly Faye crossed her arms turning away from the woman.

With all the loud noises in the car Lauren began to squirm in her car seat as little whimpers escaped.

Being mindful of their sleeping girl, Nina lowered her voice. That wasn't much of help to Faye though. As Nina's voice softened—it also deepened—making her sound even more scary than before.

"I'm not going to ask you again Faye. Apologize to Kaila right now."

Huffing and puffing her cheeks Faye turned over to Kaila looking at the girl with upset eyes. "I'm sorry." She said.

"Like you mean it." Nina said stronger than before.

Scrunching her nose up as her frown grew Faye sighed. "I'm sorry I hit you." She said as Kaila stopped rubbing the tiny stinging spot on her arm.

"That's better. Now Kaila, as much as I know you didn't mean what you did. You still have to apologize to Faye as well. It isn't polite to cheat during a game." Nina asked of her.

"Sorry." She muttered looking down in her lap too afraid to look the girl besides her in the eyes.

Not wanting the girls to stay in a grumpy mood, Nina took a deep breathe as she stretched her tense shoulders. Putting on a smile she looked through the rear view mirror seeing the girls awkwardly sitting besides one another.

"You know, when mommy told you to keep Kaila entertained back there darling, I wasn't expecting this to be you're whole idea." She teased Faye.

Her little girl blushed as she playfully stuck her tongue out.

"Now how about you girls try to have fun again. This time without fighting. And keep it down. Lauren's sleeping and I do not want you girls to wake her up." Lain told them.

Nodding Faye took another swing at the game with Kaila. This time instead of rambling and rushing through the instructions she showed the girl step-by-step how to play. Making sure she was in full understanding of it, the girls played quietly in the backseat for the remainder of the ride home.

Thankfully for the women, they had no more ruckus behind them. Enjoying their ride, they eventually pulled up in their driveway as Nina stopped the engine.

As Lain helped Faye and Kaila out of their seats, Nina took her time to gather Lauren and her large bag.

Entering their modern home, Faye and Kaila were about to run off to play but that was before Lain stopped them. "And where do you think you two are going?" She asked with a raised brow.

"Kaila said I could show her my game collection!" Faye said excitedly.

"Well that's great and all, but you girls need to have a bath before you go to play. It was a hot day today and I can smell the lake on you both." Lain teased as she pinched her nose.

Faye giggled as she looked up at Lain happily. "Can Kaila come in the bath with me?!" She asked bouncing on her toes not wanting her fun time with Kaila to end yet.

Turning to the blushing girl Lain looked at Kaila waitingly. While she played with her fingers and looked down at her feet, Faye was busy bouncing in place. "Kaila if you're not comfortable you don't have to." Lain assured.

"But it'll be so fun! We can play with the bubbles together! And I can show you my special crayons! Mama showed me that you can write on the wall with it and it washes away after!" Faye said as she grabbed hold onto one of Kaila's arms.

Before the shy girl had a chance to answer Lain grabbed Faye off of her. "Let Kaila make the decision herself." She told her little girl.

Seeing how long it was taking, Faye turned to Kaila with puppy eyes and a pouty lip hoping it would convince her to join.

Thinking it through in her head Kaila looked back at the woman and girl confidently as she eventually nodded.

Faye jumped and cheered before Nina quieted her down while she took Lauren into the living room for a quieter surrounding.

And while Faye's reaction to Kaila's decision was over the top, Lain and Nina both shared a look of shock. "W-well then how about you go grab what you want to wear for bed and meet me in the bathroom in five." Lain gave them a soft smile as she sent them off.

As they rushed off up the stairs Lain walked over to her wife mouthing her own personal excitement that would've been too much to show the slowly adjusting girl.

Nina couldn't help but laugh quietly at her wife. "She's doing so much better these days." She said.

"Both of them are!" Lain cheered as she leaned close to her wife pressing a sweet kiss onto her lips. "We're finally doing it babe! We're getting the family we've always wanted!" She placed her forehead against her wife's.

With both women looking down onto the sleeping girl cradled in Nina's arms, the mocha woman spoke. "Don't get ahead of yourself babe. Kaila may be gradually growing to us, and Lauren may have found her little space, but there's still so much we haven't done with them. We still don't know if they'll approve of everything we hope for them." She reminded.

"I know but it's a step in the right direction. And a large one at that."

Smiling largely Nina pecked her wife's lips. "You're absolutely right. You know if we can get the girls to bed early tonight, you and I can have some alone time and maybe some-" Nina was cut off as a loud thud could be heard upstairs startling the girl in her arms awake.

With a combination of Lauren crying with Faye and Kaila laughing loud enough to be heard downstairs Nina rolled her eyes at her wife. "So much for an 'us' night." She said slightly disappointed.

Chuckling Lain kissed her wife one last time. "Well come back to that conversation later." She whispered lustfully.

Smirking back, Nina nodded.

Pressing a gently kiss onto Lauren's forehead Lain disappeared as she rushed upstairs to the girls's aid.
———————————————————————————
Let me know what you think. Thanks Lexx signing off