𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭. 𝒅𝒊𝒅𝒏'𝒕 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒌 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝒘𝒐𝒖𝒍𝒅 𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓 𝒂𝒄𝒕𝒖𝒂𝒍𝒍𝒚 𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒑𝒆𝒏

𝑬𝒗𝒆𝒍𝒊𝒏𝒂 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝑲𝒐𝒍

𝑬𝒗𝒆𝒍𝒊𝒏𝒂 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝑲𝒐𝒍

My alarm goes off blaring in my ears. I yawn as my hand searches for it. Finally, my hand lands on it and I smash the button to stop the annoying beeping sound. I roll over on my back, brush my hair out of my face, and yawn once more.

My morning is interrupted when Elena comes into my room and yanks my curtains open. "Bitch!" I shriek and pull my covers above my head. Elena comes over and pulls my covers away from me.

And I'm met face-to-face with her. She looks at me with a disappointed look, "Lina, it's 12:30, why are you still in bed?"

I roll my eyes and sit up, "Maybe because it's a Saturday? And my alarm just went off."

"You have your alarm set for 12 in the afternoon?" she asks with raised eyebrows in disbelief.

"Yes, Elena, because not everyone is a morning person. Plus I'm a werewolf, I literally live because of the moon."

"You're not nervous about anything?"

I rub the sleep from my eyes and yawn again, "What do I have to be nervous about?"

"Whoever is going around staking humans," she says, "last I checked, we're humans."

"Last I checked I'm a werewolf and can sense if some rando is about to stake me," I push my covers off and get out of bed, revealing that I am only wearing a tank top and underwear. "I'm sure Liz will figure it out though."

"She will especially since someone staked Bill."

"What?" I question in disbelief, "Bill as in Caroline's gay dad Bill?"

Elena nods.

"How did I not know this?"

She shrugs, "Since homecoming, you've been too wrapped up in Damon and your werewolfness to notice I guess. Plus... you've been ignoring her for weeks now."

I sigh, "Elena... you can't blame this on me."

"You're Caroline's best friend and don't even know that her dad is dead!"

I roll my eyes, "Communication goes both ways. It takes two people to have a fucking conversation."

"Lina you don't even show up to school half the time. You're either with Damon, having some angry outburst, drawing, or sleeping. You're not yourself anymore."

I scoff, "I'm the one who's changed? Oh, that's rich, Elena, considering all you care about is getting your stupid little boyfriend back who's too wrapped up in Klaus to even remember you exist."

"No, Lina, Caroline has been your best friend since we were four, and recently when she really needs you you're never there anymore. Now Caroline doesn't tell you anything because she knows that you're too busy. You only care about yourself. It's no wonder everyone compares you to Katherine. You're just like her."