𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐬𝐢𝐱. 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒎𝒖𝒔𝒕 𝒃𝒆 𝒄𝒓𝒂𝒛𝒚

𝑫𝒂𝒎𝒐𝒏 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝑳𝒊𝒏𝒂

𝑫𝒂𝒎𝒐𝒏 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝑳𝒊𝒏𝒂

"Are you crazy?!" I shout as I storm through the front door, Elena following shortly behind me.

"Lina, I'm fine," she assures me, "I'm here now, aren't I?"

I turn sharply towards her, "You're lucky I don't hit you."

Elena sighs and hugs me, pinning my arms down as she does so, "I'm sorry," she apologizes, "for everything Damon and I have done to upset you this summer."

I groan and pull away from her, "Whatever."

"What else gots you so worked up?" she questions.

"What do you mean?" I curiously ask her.

"I know you," she laughs, "something else is bothering you. What is it?"

I sigh and plop on the couch, "Caroline and Tyler are having sex. They might be dating... I don't know."

"Oh God," Elena whispers as she sits down next to me. "How do you know?"

"Figured it out from Tyler," I say, "It explains so much, Elena, They've been growing so close but I never thought that my best friend would get with my ex-boyfriend. But I was wrong," I whisper, "and I'm so hurt. How could she do this to me?"

Elena pulls me in for a warm hug and brushes her fingers through my hair, "Sometimes things happen that we can't understand, Lina. But I'm sure Caroline never meant to hurt you."

"Well, she did. And so did he."

*

𝒏𝒂𝒓𝒓𝒂𝒕𝒐𝒓, months ago

Damon and Lina sit on her bed as The Twilight Zone plays quietly in the background on the TV.

Lina fills in a circle on the page with her pencil as she lays next to down on her stomach between Damon's legs while her legs stick up in the air. He sits behind her and massages her feet with lotion.

Lina continues sketching in her book when she stops for a second to admire her work so far.

It's a face. But not just any face. A very blurred face as she can't quite remember what the man from her dreams looks like.

She remembers his dark hair, his chocolate brown eyes, and that he is handsome. That's about it.

Flipping her pencil over, she erases the pencil smears and the nose.

It's wrong. It's all wrong. It doesn't match up.

She huffs in frustration before flipping to a different page. The page contains a pair of familiar eyes. Something she's been seeing everywhere she just can't pinpoint where.

She first started seeing these eyes the night she drowned and now they're everywhere.

Damon looks at her in confusion and stops his massage, "What's wrong?"