𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐨𝐧𝐞. 𝒅𝒆𝒂𝒅𝒍𝒚 𝒕𝒊𝒆𝒔

𝑬𝒗𝒆𝒍𝒊𝒏𝒂 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝑹𝒆𝒃𝒆𝒌𝒂𝒉

𝑬𝒗𝒆𝒍𝒊𝒏𝒂 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝑹𝒆𝒃𝒆𝒌𝒂𝒉

I pace back and forth in my room, consuming me. Jeremy just called and he'll be here at any moment.

Admittedly, it's a little awkward considering he's arriving at the Mikaelson mansion. And we'll be having a dinner together. And they weren't on the best of terms. But I hope things go okay.

The knock on the door echoes, and I practically sprint to answer it. The door swings open, revealing Jeremy's familiar face. He's real. He's here. A surge of joy and relief rushes through me, and I can't help but throw my arms around him, pulling him into a tight embrace.

"Jer," I murmur, my voice muffled against his shoulder. "I can't believe you're here. I can't believe you're alive."

His arms wrap around me, a comfort I didn't realize I needed. "Missed you, Blue."

But then, reality shifts. As we pull away, I see them—Elena and Damon, standing there with awkward smiles. My joy falters, replaced by anger.

My eyes scan them and land on where their hands are joined together. Oh, what a happy fucking couple. Can't say that I am shocked.

"Seriously?" I manage to say, glancing from Jeremy to the unexpected guests.

Jeremy rubs the back of his neck, a sheepish grin on his face. "Well, they kind of insisted on coming."

I sigh, glancing at Elena and Damon, who look like they're trying to blend into the wallpaper. "What made them think I'd want to see them?"

"Lina," Jeremy starts.

"No, no. I wanted to see my brother who died and came back. Not my backstabbing sister and my annoying, ignorant, desperate ex-boyfriend." I scoff as I look at their hands again, "hm, congrats."

"Lina, don't be like that," Damon says and steps toward, dropping Elena's hand. "I'm sorry."

"Sorry?" I whisper. "Sorry... right. Okay. Am I supposed to accept your apology?"

"I just wanted to see you," Elena speaks up, "it's been over a month. I missed you. You're my sister."

I scoff, "Elena, I made it clear that I was done with you. Kol is dead because of you and now you're with Damon. Did you come here to rub salt in the wound? Kick me while I'm down?"

"Evelina," Jeremy says. "Just let this be for one night, okay?"

As I look at Jeremy, I can't say no to him. With a deep sigh, I reluctantly nod, "I'll let Klaus know that we need two more place settings. Unfortunately, none of them is for Kol."

Later on, as Jeremy, Damon, and Elena settle into the rooms that they were given for their stay, I am in my own room trying to calm down.

There's a knock on my door and without even thinking I say, "Come in."