𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞. 𝒈𝒐𝒐𝒅𝒃𝒚𝒆, 𝒆𝒍𝒆𝒏𝒂 𝒈𝒊𝒍𝒃𝒆𝒓𝒕

𝑬𝒗𝒆𝒍𝒊𝒏𝒂 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝑲𝒐𝒍

𝑬𝒗𝒆𝒍𝒊𝒏𝒂 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝑲𝒐𝒍

"Music to my ears, I tell you," Lina hums as she sips on a cup of blood.

"God, I can't listen to this," Caroline grumbles as she covers her ears. "How can you listen to this!?"

"How can I listen to my twin sister be tortured by the Salvatores until she turns her emotions back on? I don't know, you tell me."

Caroline drops her hands into her lap and rolls her eyes, "You know, out of context, that sounds insane."

Lina shrugs, leaning back on the couch, "It's insane either way, Care."

"So, you really don't care about her anymore?"

"Next question, please."

Caroline rolls her eyes, "okay then, tell me more about this trip to New Orleans."

This perks her up, "I'm so excited! Not only am I able to leave this nightmare town for once, but I'm also resurrecting my dead boyfriend."

Caroline smiles, "I'm happy for you, Lina. But I'm gonna miss you. When will you come back?"

Lina shrugs, "No idea, Care. Klaus and Elijah have a home there. And once I resurrect Kol, he may want to stay."

"So you think you'll move there permanently?" she asks.

"Only time will tell. Oh, also," Lina goes over and sits on the same couch as Caroline. "Guess what?"

"What?"

"Stefan is in love with me."

Caroline's eyes widen and she clasps her hands over her mouth, "No way."

"Yes way," Lina nods.

"Since when?"

Lina shrugs, "not sure exactly. But he told me yesterday."

"Well, do you love him back?" she asks.

"Oh, God no. He's my sister's ex and like, my best friend. I love him but... not like that."

Caroline nods, "understandable."

"But there was a point in time, around Klaus' sacrifice when I thought I did... in the back of my mind. It was weird. Like another weird soulmate universe thing. But when Kol was undaggered it sort of... went way."

"Like weird soulmate universe thing in a Kol way or different way?"

"Different for sure," she clarifies.

"You're right that is weird," she agrees.

"Anyway. I'm going to have to let him down easy. I just can't stop thinking of getting Kol back. A piece of me died with him. I felt it. I still do. It's like an empty void and I never wish it upon anyone."