𝐟𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐲-𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧. 𝒂 𝒉𝒖𝒎𝒂𝒏 𝒍𝒊𝒇𝒆 𝒘𝒊𝒕𝒉 𝒚𝒐𝒖

𝑬𝒗𝒆𝒍𝒊𝒏𝒂 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝑲𝒐𝒍

𝑬𝒗𝒆𝒍𝒊𝒏𝒂 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝑲𝒐𝒍

It's been about a week since Christmas and Kol and I's promise to each other. Admittedly, I am nervous about the repercussions that becoming human could have.

If we each take the cure, we can't be healed by human blood anymore. If Kol ever loses too much blood to where the cure leaves his system, he will start rapidly aging and die.

Even if we become human, that won't break our connection to the supernatural world. It may even put us in more danger.

But I shouldn't think about the negatives. Only the positives.

Kol and I said we would see things through first. Once things with Dahlia, the Original Bitch, and his siblings are settled, then we will make our decision.

Right now though, I sit quietly on my bed, the cure in its vial in front of me. Hard to believe something so small could change so much.

Suddenly, my phone begins ringing. I look over at it's Damon calling me.

Taking a deep breath, I pick up the phone and answer Damon's call. "Damon. What's up?"

"Hey Lina, I was just checking in," Damon says on the other end of the line.

"Just checking in?" I question. "Since when do you just check in? What'd you do?"

He chuckles, "Can't you just have faith in me for once that I have things handled? How's everything going over there?"

"Just fine," I reply, "well, actually things are... complicated."

"Complicated how?"

"I have the cure," I tell him. "I got it while I was in the prison world. Kol and I have debated on taking it together and becoming human but we're not sure yet. Originally, I got it for Elena."

"Elena?" he questions.

"Yup. I know, I'm so selfless," I jokingly reply. "So, what do you think?"

"I think you should do what makes you happy," he says.

"No, Damon," I sigh. "I mean about Elena and the cure."

"I'm not sure," he hesitantly says.

"Well, be sure soon. Kol and I will be there in a week."

With that, I hang up and drop my phone onto the bed. Sighing, I stare at the vial of the cure in front of me again.

The door to my bedroom opens and Kol walks in. I look up at him, quickly closing the box with the cure.

He looks at me and then points at the box, "is that it? The cure?" he asks. Before I can respond, he picks it up and opens the box. "I don't know what I expected but it wasn't this."