𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧. 𝒃𝒍𝒐𝒐𝒅𝒍𝒖𝒔𝒕

𝑬𝒗𝒆𝒍𝒊𝒏𝒂

I sit on the floor in the near-empty room with my legs crossed and my hands placed on each of my knees.

I take a deep breath. Then another. And another.

"What are you doing?" the other voice in the room asks.

"Meditating," I respond.

She walks over, crouching down in front of me. I peel my eyes open, meeting hers. Or should I say, mine.

"Is it working?"

"You're still here, so no."

"Don't pretend as if you don't miss me," she smirks.

"Why would I miss the part of me that makes me weak?" I scoff. "I'm trying to get rid of you to reach my full potential."

Humanity Lina stands up and walks to the other side of the room. "Is there a reason you chose to do this in your sorry— our old burned down childhood bedroom?"

Rolling my eyes, I rise to my feet. "No one would come look for me here."

"Except me," she smiles.

"Well, you're in my head so you'd find me no matter where I went."

Humanity Lina crosses her arms, "Why don't you go see Kol? Go back to New Orleans where you belong. What's the point in staying here?"

"Here it's fun. I can't do anything in New Orleans when Marcel rules over it. Besides, Kol made his decision and I made mine."

"Kol loves you," she says firmly. "You're being a brat. He only wants what's best for you— us."

"Blah. Blah. Blah. Did that witch mess up her little spell that bad? Am I really stuck hearing your nagging for eternity?"

"You need me, Lina," she says firmly. "You killed Katherine. You slept with Stefan. You killed multiple innocent people and you tried to kill Jeremy. And you did all of that while blocking me out. Without me, you'd be worse and you'd ruin your life."

I shove my finger in her chest, "Without you, I wouldn't be stuck with this dumb ass ripper compound. Now I'm a freak that feeds on vampires."

She rolls her eyes, "would you rather our sister be dead?"

"To save myself from this Hell? Yes. A hundred times over."

Humanity Lina sighs, "Please, Lina, remember why we did this. Remember why we gave up our humanity and who for. Remember how Kol made us feel."

"I remember and the thought that you let stupid feelings like that dictate your life sickens me. If anyone should be thanking someone, it should be you thanking me. I saved you. Without me, you'd be a pathetic love-sick puppy pining over some 1000-year-old original who was only bringing you down from your full potential. You needed me, Lina. Admit it."