𝐟𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐲-𝐭𝐰𝐨. 𝒄𝒐𝒎𝒎𝒐𝒏 𝒈𝒓𝒐𝒖𝒏𝒅

𝑲𝒂𝒊 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝑬𝒗𝒆𝒍𝒊𝒏𝒂

𝑲𝒂𝒊 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝑬𝒗𝒆𝒍𝒊𝒏𝒂

Lina wakes up on the couch in the Salvatore house with a start, she looks around, shocked as she takes in deep and panicked breaths.

"Am I dead?" she asks herself. "Probably not. Damn."

She looks down at her wound and sees that it's all healed up and she has a new shirt on. Looking up, she sees Kai standing above her. "Oh shit," she inhales sharply.

His arms are crossed and he asks, "How are you feeling?"

"Considering I'm stuck here with you..." she trails off, "not good."

"And whose fault is that?"

Lina smirks at him, "yours for murdering your entire family."

"Not entire."

"Right... you spared your sister by only cutting out her spleen. What a good samaritan," she sits up, feeling much stronger and healthier. More than she's felt in months. "Did you feed me?"

"By feed did you mean blood, Dracula?" he asks. "Yes, I did."

"From where?"

"I just found some blood bags lying around."

"Huh. I thought you said you knew I wasn't a vampire."

"Thought," he clarifies.

"Well I'm not."

Kai furrows his eyebrows, "then what are you?"

"A hybrid. Werewolf and Vampire."

Kai's eyes light up, "cool. So, do you like change into one every full moon?"

"Used to. Horribly painful process, actually. But after becoming a hybrid, I can change whenever I want, painlessly."

"Very cool. So! You basically trapped us both here because of stupidity, what next?"

"If by stupidity you mean heroism, then thank you," she sighs, "I deserve to be here anyway."

"And why do you say that Ms Linny?"

She narrows her eyes and grimaces, "Linny?"

"It was either that or Ina," he says as he leans forward a bit.

"Both are stupid," she says and pushes him away. "And Lina isn't even my name, it's a nickname."

"Then what's your name?" he asks.

"Evelina."

He nods, "still gonna stick with Linny."

"God save me," she whispers.

"Why do you deserve to be stuck here again?" he asks.

Lina looks him up and down before they lock eyes, her expression stays cold, "vampires can turn their humanity off. I sacrificed mine to save the life of my soulmate. While I didn't have it... I did horrible and unforgivable things. I killed a lot of people including my friends. And... my sister died trying to save me. So I killed myself. Now I'm here with you, unfortunately."