𝐭𝐰𝐨. 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒇𝒖𝒏 𝒏𝒐𝒘?

𝑬𝒍𝒆𝒏𝒂

𝒏𝒂𝒓𝒓𝒂𝒕𝒐𝒓

𝒏𝒂𝒓𝒓𝒂𝒕𝒐𝒓

"Come on! Breathe! Breathe!" the man who is giving her CPR shouts.

Lina coughs, water spurting out of her mouth as she desperately gasps for air.

Her eyes flutter and she looks into the man's gorgeous eyes before she once again falls unconscious.

Lina springs up in her bed, sweat coating her face, neck, and pillow. She's gasping for air, clawing at her neck as if she can't breathe.

Elena rushes into her room and grabs her, "Lina! Lina!" she shouts, "You're okay, Lina! You're not under the water. Breathe! Breathe, it's okay, I promise you. Just breathe. I'm right here with you."

Lina chokes on air as her breath finally catches up to her. And she finally realizes that she isn't back under the water.

Elena sighs and hugs her tightly, "You're okay," she whispers, "you're okay."

***

𝑬𝒍𝒆𝒏𝒂

"Where were you last night?" I ask my sister as I approach her, eating her cereal.

"Ohh, interrogation Elena," she playfully says. "Is it good cop or bad cop today?" I find it so fascinating how she acts as if nothing happened only fifteen minutes after a panic attack. She's just completely okay and never talks about it again.

"This isn't a joke, Evelina. Where were you?" Elena asks again.

"Where was I?" she chuckles dryly, "I was home in my room."

I sigh, "We were expecting you at the bonfire."

She shrugs and stands up, dumping her milk in the sink, "That's lame, why would I go to a bonfire?" she places her bowl in the sink and turns back around to face me.

"Lin, you have to start hanging out with us again."

"God, I miss one bonfire and suddenly I'm an outcast. I was busy," she shrugs.

"No, but we miss you," I sigh, "Look, I'm trying my best to be social and you should do the same."

"Trust me, Elena, I'm social," her attention is drawn somewhere else when a car honks outside.

I furrow my brows, "Who's that?"

"Caroline," she says as she grabs her bag "she's giving me a ride."