𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞. 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒐𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓 𝒔𝒊𝒅𝒆

𝑬𝒗𝒆𝒍𝒊𝒏𝒂

𝑬𝒗𝒆𝒍𝒊𝒏𝒂

When Lina opens her eyes, she is standing in front of Elena in a funny-looking place.

She looks around curiously, "are we in hell?" she whispers

Elena breaks out into a grin at the sight of Lina, hugging her sister tightly. "Oh my, God, Lina!"

"What?" Lina asks. "We are, aren't we? Damn it."

Elena pulls away from her, getting a good look at her sister. "No. We're on the other side."

"The what?" Lina asks, confusion on her face.

"Right, you've been out of the loop. The Other Side. Where dead supernatural go when they die. AKA, me and you."

Lina nods slowly, "okay..."

"Bonnie is the anchor," Elena adds. "Do you know what this means, Lina?"

She shakes her head, "no. I don't."

"We can still live. All of us. Damon, Stefan, and Alaric. Kol."

Lina's face fills with realization and then regret, sadness, and finally guilt. "That's why you guys were so willing to kill him." Lina stumbles back, leaning against a tree."I-I can't Elena."

"Can't what?"

"Come back. I can't come back. I don't deserve it."

"What do you mean? Yes, you do, Lina. You just made a mistake."

"A mistake? I made a million of them. I spent the last four months being the worst person that I could possibly be."

"Lina, Elena says desperately as she steps forward. "Just come on," she offers her hand, "let's find the others."

-

In the living plane, Luke continues to watch as Liv recites the spell, with her health growing worse by the second.

Liv continues to chant, "Ohto Eestanay As Vazat Esvet Ohnaz Eespalit. Ohto Eestanay As Vazat Esvet Ohnaz Eespalit."

Meanwhile, on the other side, Lina and Elena find Bonnie, Alaric, Stefan, Damon, and Kol.

"Kol," Lina sighs in relief. He rushes toward her, grabbing her and lifting her into a hug. After so long, the couple is finally reunited, truly this time.

They hug each other tightly, never wanting to let go.

As they hold each other, the weight of everything they've been through washes over them, and for a moment, they find solace in each other's arms.

Elena watches the reunion with a soft smile, her heart warmed by the love shared between her sister and Kol.

"I've missed you," he whispers into her hair. "And I am sorry for what I put you through."