𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐯𝐞. 𝒅𝒐𝒑𝒑𝒍𝒆𝒘𝒉𝒐?

𝑳𝒊𝒏𝒂

Elena and Lina swiftly round the corner and enter the kitchen, only to be greeted by the sight of John lying on the floor, blood pooling around him

Elena and Lina swiftly round the corner and enter the kitchen, only to be greeted by the sight of John lying on the floor, blood pooling around him. With urgency, Elena rushes over to him, attempting to stem the flow of blood as Lina grabs the phone and dials 911.

"911, what's your emergency?" the voice on the other end prompts.

"We need an ambulance at 2104 Maple Street," Lina responds urgently.

Meanwhile, John catches a glimpse of Katherine behind the two girls, attempting to warn them, but his voice fails him.

Lina feels a hand on her shoulder and turns to see Kol standing behind her. Her eyes widen as he says to her, "Behind you." She spins around, but there's nothing there. Handing the phone to Elena, Lina grabs the bloody knife from the floor. "Here, take this."

"Evelina, what are you doing?" Elena asks, her concern is evident.

"Just stay here," Lina murmurs, gripping the knife tightly as she cautiously heads towards the foyer. She hears movement behind her, spinning around, but finding nothing. As she returns to the kitchen, she hears the front door slam shut, prompting her to whisper Jeremy's name before racing upstairs, calling out for him.

In Jeremy's room, Lina finds him lying on his bed, seemingly asleep. She drops the knife and rushes to his side, shaking him awake urgently.

"Jeremy. Jeremy, wake up!" she pleads, relief flooding her when he jolts awake.

Jeremy shoots up in his bed, gasping. Lina lets out a breath of relief as she says, "Oh, thank God."

***

As John is whisked away in the ambulance, Stefan arrives at the house, only to be met with resistance from an officer blocking his entry.

"He's okay," Elena reassures the officer before leading Stefan upstairs to Jeremy's room. Inside, they find Lina sitting next to Jeremy, their conversation interrupted by Stefan.

"What happened?" Stefan asks, concern on his face.

"He said Anna gave him her blood, then he took these pills, and now..." Lina trails off, looking at her little brother uneasily.

Stefan takes Jeremy's face in his hands, examining him closely. "Come here. Look at me. Shh."

Lina steps back, crossing her arms, watching the exchange.

"I'm fine, okay?" Jeremy's voice is tinged with sadness. "I feel exactly the same."

"Should I call a paramedic?" Elena asks Stefan. "What should I do?"

Stefan continues to study Jeremy's eyes. "No, he's fine."

"You mean I'm not a vampire? Damn it!" Jeremy shouts in frustration.