𝐟𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐲-𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫. 𝒉𝒐𝒎𝒆, 𝒔𝒘𝒆𝒆𝒕 𝒉𝒐𝒎𝒆

𝑬𝒗𝒆𝒍𝒊𝒏𝒂

𝑬𝒗𝒆𝒍𝒊𝒏𝒂

Stretching my arms and letting out a loud yawn, I walk down the stairs in my pajamas. Ever since Kai kidnapped me, I started wearing pants to bed, long ones. I find Kai lounging on the couch, a mischievous grin playing on his lips.

"What are you doing here?" I ask, a hint of suspicion in my tone, as I plop down in front of him.

"Happy Birthday, sleepyhead," he greets me with a playful smirk, not bothering to glance up from his book.

I furrow my brows in confusion. "It's not my birthday," I remind him, reaching up to undo my messy bun.

"Well, I'm bored, so I'm pretending it is," he retorts, finally tearing his gaze away from his book to look at me. "How old are you, by the way? If you don't mind me asking."

I let out a small chuckle at his antics. "Twenty, Kai. I'm twenty," I reply, shifting to lie on my side on the couch. "But my actual birthday isn't until June. I'll be turning twenty-one."

"Yeesh. You don't look a day over 37," he teases, earning an eye roll from me.

"Gee, thanks," I say sarcastically, shooting him a playful glare. "I'm gonna go get dressed. I'll be right back."

"Ok! Have fun!" Kai calls after me with a grin as I make my way back up the stairs.

***

With my wet hair cascading down my shoulders and pooling around me, I wrap a fluffy white towel snugly around my body and head back into the room. Glancing around, I notice the familiar array of items Kai has given me—my teddy bear, the soft blanket, the photo of Kol, Klaus, and Elijah, and my baby photo album.

Today, however, I decide to switch things up a bit. Opting for a half-cut graphic tee and low-rise jeans, I slip on the pair of Converse sneakers that Kai insists I wear instead of my usual shoes. He claims they're more comfortable, but I suspect he's still a bit salty about the fashion show incident. 

I may have forced him to have a fashion show with me last week. Anyway.

Heading out of the room, I find Kai waiting for me, a smirk playing on his lips as he takes in my outfit. "Finally! You take abnormally long showers," he comments, amusement dancing in his eyes.

I roll my eyes at his remark. "What were you doing while I was showering?" I ask, joining him on the couch and beginning to tie my shoelaces.

"Stuff," he replies cryptically, his smirk widening. "And hey, no heels today?" he observes, pointing at my feet.

"They're easier to run in, just in case," I reply with a wink, finishing up my shoelaces. "So, what do we have planned for today?"

Kai stands up and offers me his hand, a mischievous glint in his eyes. "Since you're the fake birthday girl, I'm taking it upon myself to decide," he declares with a grin.