𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞. 𝒋𝒆𝒂𝒍𝒐𝒖𝒔𝒍𝒚

Damon

Evelina Gilbert

Evelina Gilbert. The mysterious Gilbert twin.

The night I met her I thought she was Katherine.

She wasn't.

But then I found out that she died and I thought Katherine took her place.

She didn't.

But something about her is off. But I can't quite place it. There's just something not quite right about her.

***

I enter the Mystic Grill, an obvious popular spot in town. Almost everyone hangs out in this place, it's even where I met Evelina again.

And even though it's currently packed with lots of different people, out of all the people in here, the only person I notice is Lina. But she's not acting like Lina, she seems a bit off.

More alluring and seducing if that were possible. What is she doing?

Her eyes land on mine and she begins making her way towards me. Once she makes it to me, it's as if she's someone else. I can just feel it. "Damon," she smiles devilishly at me. "You're handsomer than ever."

I look at her in confusion, "Evelina?"

"Ah," she holds her finger up, "close but not close enough."

My face falls and my lips form to say, "Katherine," but I don't. It can't be because Katherine is in the tomb. Isn't she? "Then who are you?"

She smirks and crosses her arms, "wanna take a wild guess?"

"Katherine?" I whisper.

She leans in closer to me and whispers, "Bingo."

I slowly shake my head, "It can't be—you're in the tomb."

"Only I'm right here... so no I'm not," she takes my hand and brings me towards the bar, sitting down with me.

I can't believe this is happening. Katherine is really here, right in front of me. The love of my life is really back.

"So tell me, Damon, what are you doing back in Mystic Falls?" she asks.

"I came back for you," I tell her, "to rescue you from the tomb, Katherine. Will you tell me why you're here? Please?" I plead.