𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐨𝐧𝐞. 𝒐𝒇𝒇𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒎𝒚𝒔𝒆𝒍𝒇

𝑳𝒊𝒏𝒂 & 𝑺𝒕𝒆𝒇𝒂𝒏

Damon is in his bed when he hears Elijah's conversation with Elena and Stefan

Damon is in his bed when he hears Elijah's conversation with Elena and Stefan. He gets up, goes downstairs, and joins them.

"Tonight is the full moon," Elijah says. "We should assume that Klaus is prepared to break the curse."

"Elena said that the Sun and the Moon curse is fake? That it's actually just a curse placed on Klaus."

"Klaus is a vampire born of a werewolf bloodline," Elijah explains, "the curse has kept his werewolf aspect from manifesting. But if he breaks it...he'll be a true hybrid."

Damon joins them. "Then why are we letting him break the curse? We can kill him today. With Bonnie."

"Damon..." Stefan trails off.

"No," Stefan says. "Bonnie can't use that much power without dying."

"I'll write her a great eulogy."

"It's not an option, Damon," Elena firmly tells him.

"All right, how do we break this curse?" Stefan asks.

"Well," Elijah starts, "the ritual itself is relatively straightforward. The ingredients, so to speak, you already know."

"The moonstone," Stefan states.

"A witch will channel the power of the full moon to release the spell that's bound within the stone. After that, Klaus, being both werewolf and vampire, will sacrifice one of each."

Elena clears her throat softly, "and where do I and Lina fit into it?"

"The final part of the ritual," Elijah answers. Elijah takes a wooden box from the shelf. "Klaus must drink the blood of the doppelganger, or in your case doppelgangers...to the point of your death."

Stefan furrows his eyebrows, "I'm sorry, doppelgangers?"

"Plural?" Damon questions, "As in both of them?"

Elijah nods solemnly, "Yes, my brother may not know this yet but in order to complete the ritual he must sacrifice both living doppelgangers," he looks at Elena, "As in you and your sister. Your blood is much too precious."

"What if one of them isn't living?" Damon asks.

Stefan looks at his brother, "What are you talking about, Damon?"

"You know what I'm talking about, Stefan. I say we turn Lina into a vampire."

"No," Stefan shakes her head, "You don't know how much Lina despises that thought. And you'll be taking away what makes her... her."

Damon stitches his eyebrows together, "So what if she isn't a werewolf anymore? She'll get to live!"

"We're not doing this, Damon."