𝐟𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐲-𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞. 𝒎𝒚 𝒌𝒐𝒍

𝑬𝒗𝒆𝒍𝒊𝒏𝒂 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝑲𝒐𝒍

𝑬𝒗𝒆𝒍𝒊𝒏𝒂 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝑲𝒐𝒍

Stepping back into the heart of New Orleans on Christmas Eve, I inhale the familiar scents of the city, a mix of spices, damp earth, and old magic. The streets are alive with the hustle and bustle of holiday shoppers, but my mind is focused on one thing: finding Kol.

With each step, memories flood back—memories of laughter, love, and loss. But no, Bad Lina. No sadness. You are focused on finding Kol today, scolding him for compelling Elena, and then kissing him. Hard.

Unexpectedly, I spot Marcel amidst the bustling crowd. His eyes light up with recognition as he approaches me. "Evelina," he greets me warmly.

"Marcel," I respond, offering a tentative smile.

"It's been too long," he remarks, a hint of sadness in his voice. "I thought..."

"That I was gone for good?" I finish his sentence. "I was, but fate had other plans. Have you seen Kol?"

Marcel shakes his head. "No one has seen him since... you know."

I nod in understanding. "Well, I'm hoping to change that. I will find him."

Marcel's expression softens. "I may not be on the best terms with the Mikaelsons, but ever since you left it has been rough on them. And I never wished you ill. If you need any help, just ask."

"Thank you, Marcel," I say sincerely. "I'll keep that in mind."

As Marcel walks away, I feel even more determined to find Kol. 

Entering the Mikaelson compound, I find it eerily quiet, a stark contrast to the chaos I remember. My first instinct is to seek out Klaus's room. 

"Evelina?"

I turn to see Hayley, looking as stunning as ever. And very not pregnant. Right, of course. She had her baby. Hope. It has been a while. Her surprise at seeing me mirrors my own. "How?" she begins, her voice tinged with disbelief. "Klaus told us..."

"It's a long story," I assure her, offering a knowing smile. "But I'm here now, thanks to the power of a certain Bennett witch."

As Hayley's eyes fill with tears, she rushes forward and envelops me in a tight embrace. 

"I never thought I'd see you again," Hayley whispers.

If anything, during my time here, Hayley and I didn't form a very strong bond. We talked every day and got to know each other but other than that, we never got close. Not as close as Rebekah and I at least. Yet, here we are, super emotional over seeing one another again.

"Me neither," I admit. "But here I am."

Hayley smiles as we pull back, "Everyone is going to be so happy that you're here."