𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭. 𝒃𝒓𝒐𝒖𝒈𝒉𝒕 𝒃𝒂𝒄𝒌 𝒕𝒐 𝒍𝒊𝒇𝒆

𝑬𝒗𝒆𝒍𝒊𝒏𝒂

𝑬𝒗𝒆𝒍𝒊𝒏𝒂

- one month later - Miami Beach, Florida

Lina floats on her back in the water of the Florida Sea. People surround her but she doesn't seem to mind.

It's been about four months since she lost her humanity forever. To her, it's felt like a lifetime. A lifetime since she last saw Kol.

For some reason, he's all she thinks about these days. The last time she went swimming was with him, actually.

Annoyed with herself, she submerges her entire body underwater in an attempt to wash those annoying thoughts away. To no avail though. She pops her head back above the water, wiping the water from her face as she looks at Stefan sitting on the beach, fully clothed.

Stefan watches Lina from the shore as he fiddles with a shell in his hand. He knows how difficult it has been for her since she lost her humanity, she's become a completely different person. And he's been there to witness her struggle firsthand, literally from the day she got her humanity taken from her.

He's been worried for her and willing to offer whatever support he can, even though he knows it can never fully replace what she's lost. Which is why he's been willing to do whatever she asks, to gain her trust while also being a support for her. This was a part of their plan all along to get Lina back to herself. 

Stefan would go with her, do whatever she wanted, and turn off his humanity if he had to. Or, at least pretend to. Which he didn't. Somehow for three months, he was able to fool her into thinking so. He's had to do some pretty heinous things but in the end, he hopes it'll be worth it. Meanwhile, Damon got in contact with not only Beth Anne Price but also the Mikaelsons. And he hopes that Lina will be able to forgive him if Kol ends up dying in the end. 

Something comes to mind when he thinks of this, though. He remembers when Klaus was going to sacrifice Lina and Damon was so against her dying and so bent on saving her life, he fed her blood. Despite this going against her wishes, he did it because he loved her and didn't care about the repercussions. He said to him, "She'll forgive me one day, she has forever."

And at this moment, Stefan has the same mindset. To do whatever it takes to save the girl he loves. No matter how much she hates him. 

As Lina resurfaces from the water, he offers her a small smile. She sighs, swimming back to shore and walking over to where he sits on the sand. "Come on," she says.

"Where are we going?" he asks.

"Mystic Falls," she replies.

He stands up, looking at the dripping-wet girl in front of him. "Suddenly? After three months?"

She nods, "It's been fun turning humans into vampires to feed off of them but... I'm bored. I want actual human blood and I'm tired of tearing off heads."