𝐟𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐲-𝐨𝐧𝐞. 𝒃𝒂𝒄𝒌 𝒉𝒐𝒎𝒆

𝑬𝒗𝒆𝒍𝒊𝒏𝒂

𝑬𝒗𝒆𝒍𝒊𝒏𝒂

It's morning and Kai is still taped to a chair in front of the fireplace and he is still yapping away.

"And, of course, I broke into the Oval Office and took a picture of myself at the window, looking all JFK. But then, I was, like, WaitHow am I going to get these photos developed?"

"Oh no, what a dilemma," Lina says sarcastically.

Damon groans, "oh my god, just answer the damn question. How are we going to get out of this Twilight Zone?" Damon asks, sitting across from him on a dark couch.

"I got a question for you, first. Why do you think we're stuck on a repeating loop of May 10, 1994?" he asks and Damon raises his eyebrows as if to say he doesn't know, "doomed to relive a solar eclipse forever and ever, and ever."

"How the hell should I know?" he asks and takes a sip of his bourbon.

"Well, I heard you tell Bonnie and Lina this place was your own personal hell. I'm kinda curious why."

Bonnie walks into the room, holding a bunch of stuff in her arms. "I found everything you asked for: can-opener, shower drain, grinding wheel, jam, pocketknife, volume "O" of the encyclopedia, a nail, and a black marker," she walks over to the table in front of the couch where Damon sits and dumps the bag full of materials onto it.

"Now what?" Lina asks.

"Can't show you with my hands taped," Kai reminds them.

Bonnie reaches over, grabs the pocketknife and walks over to Kai.

"Bonnie..." Damon warns.

"Thank you," Kai thanks as Bonnie cuts off the tape binding his wrists.

"Okay. Fine. How is this pile of crap going to get us out of here?" Damon asks.

Kai rubs his sore wrists, "I'll explain... as soon as you tell me what you did on May 10, 1994."

Damon gets frustrated, "what difference does it make!?"

"Let me put it this way—Bonnie's magic is one part of the equation. My as-yet undisclosed knowledge is the other. Which means you would be hitching a ride home for free. I just want to know if you deserve to come along."

"And Lina?" Damon asks and cocks a brow.

Lina takes a gulp of Damon's drink, obviously not paying attention to the conversation. So she is confused when Kai puts his hands on her shoulders, "Lina is a sick patient, what kind of monster would I be to just leave her here alone?"

She looks up, confused. "I'm not sick."

"A drunk. Same thing basically," he shrugs.

Damon stomps over to Kai, snatches the pocket knife from Bonnie and lifts Kai up to put the knife against his neck. "I could just torture you until you say something useful."