𝐬𝐢𝐱𝐭𝐲-𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞. 𝒘𝒉𝒆𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒍𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒆 𝒃𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒌𝒔

𝑲𝒂𝒊 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝑳𝒊𝒏𝒂

𝑲𝒂𝒊 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝑳𝒊𝒏𝒂

𝒏𝒂𝒓𝒓𝒂𝒕𝒐𝒓

Kol, Elijah, and Klaus are having breakfast in the dining room. Klaus sips a mimosa with a smug grin, while Elijah looks annoyed at his brother. 

Kol is lounging at the end of the table, flipping through a book disinterestedly.

"Is something the matter, brother?" Klaus asks his brother. "Can I fix you a drink, perhaps?" he offers. He sips his drink with a smirk, and Elijah rolls his eyes in annoyance. Kol looks up from his book, intrigued.

"Strangely enough, Klaus, I'm not in a mimosa mood," Elijah replies.

Kol grins, "I'll take one if you're offering, Nik."

Klaus, pouring a drink for Kol, says, "There you go, brother. At least someone appreciates my efforts."

"Let's discuss strategy, shall we, Niklaus?" Elijah suggests. "Just wondering if you actually have one. We can begin with Mikael's ashes—given that they are the main ingredient in our weapon against Dahlia, would you care to tell me where they disappeared to?"

Klaus sets down his drink, looking annoyed before he smiles fakely, "Elijah! I have compelled the city's finest pastry chef for your own personal edification, and yet, you ignore my efforts in favor of needless concerns!" 

Kol, taking a bite of a pastry nods, "It's true, brother. These are quite delightful."

Rebekah enters the room, looking tired and hungover. "Can we stop talking so loudly?" She sees the pot of coffee and sighs in relief. "Give me that." She walks over to pour herself a glass.

"What's the matter?" Klaus asks in amusement. "New witch body not up to last night's bender?"

Rebekah rolls her eyes. "So? I had a few." She sits down at the opposite end of the table from Klaus. It's not every day you lose your father at the hands of your brother. Again."

Klaus laughs heartily, "Whoever said opportunity only knocks once, eh?"

Kol raises his glass. "Here's to making the most of it!"

Elijah and Rebekah stare at Klaus and Kol blankly and silently, and Klaus scoffs. "Oh, come on! We all fled Mikael's tyranny together for centuries! I would have thought the mood this morning might be a bit more jubilant!"

"Under normal circumstances, the annihilation of our father would be rather commendable, Niklaus," Elijah finally says. "Unfortunately, we have a greater threat to contend with."

Klaus hops to his feet to pour himself another drink. Kol watches with mild amusement. "You know, for someone who's been invited to a celebratory breakfast, you're proving quite the buzzkill."