𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧. 𝒍𝒚𝒄𝒂𝒏𝒘𝒉𝒂𝒕𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓

Evelina

***

"It's a pretty ring," Lina tells Caroline as she sits on her bed next to her, "and I found it on short notice."

Caroline smiles as Lina hands it to her, grateful to have her in this moment, "it's beautiful, thank you."

"You're my best friend, Care. Of course."

Caroline smiles at her best friend before looking at Bonnie, "now what do we do?"

"Now's the part where I explain the rules," Bonnie tells her. "The witch who has the ring has the power to de-spell it. So, if you ever do anything to hurt anyone—"

Lina cuts her off, her arms crossed, "she won't hurt anyone, Bonnie. Now get on with it."

Bonnie sighs, "she's a vampire, Lina. That means the urge to kill is part of who they are," she looks at Caroline? "the minute you let it take over, I will stop you."

"Bonnie you're supposed to be my friend," Caroline says to her, "the only people who seem to even care about what happened to me are Lina and Stefan."

"I didn't even know until a few hours ago," Bonnie says with a shake of her head, "that's not fair to me."

"Not fair to you? Are you serious?" Lina scoffs, "you want to know what isn't fair, Bonnie? What isn't fair is the fact that you didn't de-spell the Gilbert device as you said you would. Because of you, Tyler's crashed his car causing Caroline to get hurt and put in the hospital. You're the reason Damon had to heal her with his blood. You're the reason she was murdered by Katherine. What isn't fair is the fact that you're little trick caused Tyler's dad to fall to the ground and be killed in the fire and for me to for some reason be thrown down there too. That's what's not fair. So stop acting like you're oh so innocent in all this because it is all your fault. Now, do the damn spell or so help me God, I will find someone else to do it. Got me?"

Bonnie nods once, staring into Lina's angry eyes, "got you," she murmurs and looks at Caroline, "put the ring on the bed," she says as she walks over to the window and opens the curtain a bit so the ring is covered in sunlight.

Caroline pulls her knees to her chest to avoid the light streaming in.

Then she suddenly opens them and says, "all done." Bonnie hands the ring to Caroline to which she takes it nervously and puts it on her finger.

"So that's it? I mean, nothing witchy happened. You know, no flickering lights, no gusts of wind."

Bonnie walks back over to the window and yanks the curtain open the rest of the way which causes Caroline to squeal but she doesn't get burnt.