𝐭𝐞𝐧. 𝒊 𝒏𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓 𝒘𝒂𝒏𝒏𝒂 𝒔𝒆𝒆 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒂𝒈𝒂𝒊𝒏

𝑳𝒊𝒏𝒂

"Leave me alone, Damon," I mumble, turning away from him in my hospital bed

"Lina, I'm sorry," he says to me.

I roll my eyes despite him not being able to see me, "you're only here because Katherine wasn't in the damn tomb. You found out who she really is and now you come running back to your Plan B."

"You're not my Plan B, Lina. Look—"

I hear an extra pair of footsteps entering the room and look to see that it's Stefan with my coffee.

He hands it to me and I smile weakly at him, "thank you, Stefan."

"No problem," he says and sits in a chair, "Elena called, she's on her way."

I nod and sip my coffee. "Do you have any ideas on how I am alive right now?" I ask him.

"You're not a vampire so no... I have no clue."

I nod. Everything has been so weird lately. My wounds heal quickly and I've been feeling stronger. I can't even be compelled.

"So you're talking to him?" Damon complains and stands at the end of my bed, "why are you so mad? I thought you didn't care."

"After talking to some very important people," I say in a sarcastic tone, "I realized that it's stupid to be in a relationship with a person who has been in love with the same girl for a century and a half," I pause and take in his face, "especially when I look like her," I whisper the last part and sip some more of my coffee.

"Ergo—"

"Ergo, it's over."

"Here," he mumbles, tossing a small black box on the bed next to me before leaving the room.

I glance up at Stefan and open it just as Elena walks in.

Taking it out of the small velvet black box, I hold the pretty silver heart pendant necklace in my hand. I dangle it on one of my fingers so Elena and Stefan can see it.

"It's beautiful," I whisper.

"Who gave that to you?" Elena asks, taking her sweater off.

"Damon did," Stefan answers.

"Right after I broke up with him," I place the necklace back in the box, "he was gonna give it to me as a gift I guess."