Chapter 57

Task of squadron Charlie: Kill Koori.

Gaela and the rest of Squadron Charlie wasted no time at all. Gaela hopped over the tall wall surrounding the school with ease and ran towards the building, along with everyone else. She took a brief glance around her. Distant shooting from guns and shouting from frantic people but nothing too major. Gaela looked at the castle-like school's engraved wall in front of her. It leads to the language hallway. First floor was dangerous; Akamai and her squadron was handling this floor so it may be unwise to get in through there. Gaela knew Rin wouldn't want anyone to get injured before they get to Koori.

"Which floor are we heading to Rin?" Fuze Nethercott spoke up, unzipping his backpack. Brian and Sakura turned to Rin expectantly. Rin was the leader of this group after all. "The fifth floor at least. I believe Akamai can wipe out people quickly so we'd be in the way if we go any lower." Rin replied, her eyes grave and cold. Luke Aiden whistled. Gaela turned to face the Quintessential Policeman and the quiet coroner beside him. Gaela still didn't know why they were in this squadron but Akamai insisted on bringing them because they "won't let us down". "We're gonna climb this wall like Spider-Man."

"Are you serious? Scaling a wall? What is this, an action movie?" Luke asked in amusement. "Mister Aiden. If you're not content with how we operate, I advise you to leave." Fuze replied coldly. "Nah don't get the wrong idea! I'm just surprised that's all," Luke smirked, "I'd love to experience scaling a wall but I can't do that. Sherry is afraid of heights from being thrown onto trees and rooftops at a young age. Sherry and I aren't gonna scale a wall. But we'll meet up. Fifth floor yeah? Let's meet in the assembly hall up there."

Sherry Corcoran suddenly gripped onto Luke's leather jacket and shook her head firmly. "It's fine Luke, I am strong. Don't worry about me," Sherry echoed. Luke in return ruffled the shorter girl's head affectionately. "It's hard to not worry about you Sherry boo." Luke cooed. Gaela glanced at Brian. Brian was staring at Luke and Sherry with no emotions displayed whatsoever. However Gaela can tell his gaze upon the two Quintessentials softened just the slightest. As contrasting as Luke and Sherry is from Brian and Gaela, it seemed as if they have some things in common; a doting boy and an impassive girl.

"Wait Mister Aiden. How are you going to get to the fifth floor safely?" Sakura asked quickly, looking worried as she blushed lightly, "you two will get plummeted by bullets! Such a pretty face doesn't deserve such Fate!" The Quintessential Policeman in return let out a small laugh and twirled around a handgun from his pockets. He gave the dark haired ninja a seductive wink. "Don't worry Miss Nohana, don't underestimate us Quintessentials," Luke chuckled, "this is a policeman you're talking to. We'll be fine. I'll protect Sherry with my life — let's go." With that, Luke Aidan smashed the nearest window and hopped inside. Sherry followed inside, almost robotically.

"We should get going too." Fuze said as he handed out a metal device with a round rubber base. Vacuum suction devices. Gaela took them and wore it on her hands and two feet. "Woah  these are awesome," Sakura beamed and she began scaling the wall right away with ease, "much easier to use than the one Kamkam got for me in the blackmarket!" "Honestly how do Lyd come up with these things?" Rin wondered out loud, strapping them on.

Fuze rolled his eyes as he scaled up quickly. "From watching Spider-Man," he answered bitterly, "and something to do with a gecko I think." Gaela blocked out the rest of Fuze's rants on about Lydie and focused on scaling. Place a hand above her head, press a button on it to vacuum seal to the wall, sync up, disconnect and repeat. Gaela spent her time and going up at a reasonable pace, faster than Fuze and Rin. Brian on the other hand was already up ahead by the fourth floor. Well, no surprise. Brian was a very capable man and Gaela believed he wouldn't get harmed in this final mission.