Chapter 62

Yinyu had no idea what was going on or why certain things were happening. But he knew one thing for sure; he had to run. The tall boy tagged behind Caelan, Ritchie and Lait, who were navigating through the hallways quickly thanks to their attendance of this prestigious school before it turned into a mess of a battlefield. Rien and a redhead (called Adrienne if he remembered correctly) with one hand behind Yinyu were deathly silent: especially the redhead who seemed to be thinking and pondering all the time. She suddenly paused.

"Lait, Mister Sun and Mister Rose. Change our course please," she ordered as she fixed her glasses, "I have a feeling we will get into a sticky situation if we go on ahead. There are guards ahead... I think." Yinyu gave the lady a dirty look. What kind of reasoning was that?? Who is she exactly? As absurd as her reasoning to change course was, Lait, Ritchie and Caelan followed her orders without complaint.

"We are at the language sector. The second closest exit would be the fire exit in the Home Ec rooms I believe," Ritchie stated, "it's around three floors down the stairs." "But there are security cameras down there," Caelan brought up, "Bing Dal may see what we're doing and send out guards to stop us. I can fend off a lot of people but..." Caelan glanced at Justus and Sabrina in his arms, "as their representative, I can't allow them to get hurt." "How about the air vent passageways? We can go through them right? We can drag Sabrina and Justus along." Lait suggested. "No. That'll take too long. I was thinking of using the balcony on the eight floor as an exit and hop along the buttresses and arcs but we have kids with us," Ritchie sighed.

"Guys?" Rien brought up quietly with a puzzled expression, "am I dumb or are you guys listing action movie escape tropes? If so, can we go to a storage room to make a rope out of bedsheets and escape from the window?" Hearing that absurd suggestion, Yinyu face palmed. Caelan, Lait, Ritchie and the redhead lady all stared at Rien blankly. "Actually, that can work." Caelan said after a short moment of silence, "we can go to Eden's room and escape from there. I know they have a lot of materials so we can go through their room window, stop at an arc, throw a makeshift rope down and land safely. As for Justus and Sabrina, we can tie them with the rope and lower them down for the people below to collect. As simple as that."

Yinyu frowned. That plan sounded... stupidly fun. "Eden? Oh yes, Eden Blythe. I remember them as the Quintessential Modiste," Adrienne brought up. "Do you know where their room is?" "Of course. Follow me. It's not far," Caelan said and started picking up his pace. They went up a couple of stairs and reached the dorms.

And so, Yinyu followed the group into a dorm that seemed to belong to a fashion designer of some sort. Ritchie quickly opened the window and glanced left and right before crawling out. Caelan dropped Justus and Sabrina on the dormitory bed and looked around for sheets. Adrienne on the other hand headed for various drawers and pulled out various rolls of fabric, examine them. "I presume we are around fifty metres above ground." Ritchie called out from the window.

"Fifty metres. Not bad. Gotcha," Lait said and rush to measure the sheets with a measuring tape. "Each sheet is around one metre wide and two metres long. We need at least twenty five sheets I presume. But since we are going to tie them diagonally we need to use the Pythagoras theory to find—" "TWENTY FIVE SHEETS. WE HAVE NO TIME TO DO MATH YOU STUPID IDIOT." Yinyu seethed. "Whoops. You're right Yin. Sorry," Lait muttered.

"Spider silk. Exactly what we are looking for. Props to the Modiste," Adrienne commented with a roll of cloth in her hand. Caelan pulled out some fabrics and examined them, putting them in a pile. "Let's tie them together and dampen them. The sheets will be studier and heavier then. It won't get blown around by the moderate wind since we are quite high. Yinyu and Rien, tie these fabrics together. Tie a dead knot. Just don't tie it loosely or we might die." Lait instructed.