Chapter 52

Justus watched the recorded LIVE sent into the Quintessential group chat. The blonde solicitor watched Heather's final moments and the live chat flowing like crazy. Heather died a fiery death. She died a martyr; firmly believing in Quintessentials even if the world turned had turned their backs against them. She sacrificed herself in front of millions to let them see through the eyes of Quintessentials; where there were assassins and people watching every little movement, every moment; ready to pounce and lash out at them any second.

As if Heather's last moments and the desperate pleas of assassins dying in fire struck a chord deep within the audiences' hearts, they have changed somehow. Instead of lashing on the Quintessentials for all their imperfections and mistakes, the audience began expressing their views on how trivial the whole hatred towards these young students were. Not everyone root or cheer for any tweets or posts or statements of people expressing their desire to harm or slaughter; killing and harming others is wrong after all. Everyone was kinda confused. So what now? Justus cracked a smile.

Heather Bellrose, the Quintessential Prioress; the Quintessential Martyr.

The principal's office fell silent. Justus, Caelan, Akamai and Sabrina sat on the stools facing the veiled principal. "Everyone's right. What now?" Justus Cóir asked with a casual smile as he shut the laptop on the round table displaying Heather's fiery death. Justus didn't want to look at it ever again. Akamai Shi, Caelan Rose and Sabrina An Sona kept quiet. "Will people target us?" Caelan questioned as he twirled around a pocket knife. "I'd say so. Mister Bing Dal never told everyone to stop with the slaughters," Sabrina said with a tight lipped smile. As unfazed as the actress looked, there was something in her soft pink eyes that wasn't normal. It was as if she was upset about something. Justus knew what it was; Heather's death. Sabrina helped her with it after all.

"Hey, you saw this coming didn't you?" Akamai asked cautiously. "Are you happy now? Is this worth asking Justus and Sabrina to torment Maria into harming Yue Xuemei?! These are the consequence of your actions. The world came crumbling down into a spiral of chaos and uncertainty. Is this what you want?" The four capable students all looked at the principal, waiting for their response. Justus and others could take down the principal without a problem; Justus and others could kill them if they want to.

The principal lifted their hands and their fingers began hovering in the air. Their lips behind the veil began moving too. 'It's up to you to decide. Heather Bellrose was a good person; she was lovely lady who was diligent and kind. She was always fascinated by history, time and the different ethical beliefs all around the world. It's a shame to lose her. I loved her dearly; she was important to me.'

"Agreed. But it's no use reminiscing about the dead. How are the hostages?" Justus asked. 'They're safe. I will never let Mister Dal lay a finger on them. However Mister Häyhä on the other hand....' The principal caressed their veiled cheek hesitantly. "Häyhä is bad news. Almost as bad as a Schuyler; though I am in no place to talk down on them," Caelan growled. "This is horrible; Dal, Schuyler and Häyhä are actually cooperating together." "To top it off, we are Dal's pawns whom he can discard at his will." Sabrina said dejectedly.

'But because we are his pawns, we can do the impossible; intervene with Bing Dal's wrongful actions and plans,' The principal signed, 'I've been under his command for long. He trusts me with everything. As a result, this happened: all not according to his plan. It's going well for us.' "But at what cost? The lives of the innocent and suffering of others?" Caelan asked, "all for what exactly?!" The principle stifled out a chuckle. 'Take a guess.'