Chapter 7

"Well done Gaela! You make me so proud winning that marksmanship tournament in Finland, you're a star!" Akamai exclaimed as she walked into the cafeteria, arms wrapped around Gaela in a fatherly-son way. "Gaela! You got me so worried, I thought you went missing or something after disappearing like that." Maria spluttered out as she dropped her sandwich and rushed over to the two girls.

"I'm sorry. The tournament is very sudden." Gaela stated. "We're glad to have you back," Lait chuckled, "Marii freaked out; afraid she might did something weird to distance yourself from her!" "T-That's not true Lai!" Maria whined, "I'm just.... worried she might've got something to do with the recent case I got."

"Recent case? Are you sure it wasn't the case assigned to you a month ago?" A male voice said in an almost mocking manner. Gaela's already straight face scrunched into distaste as Gary Akise showed up with Alfred and David with him. "No, I got a new case. I guess it just prove how useful of a detective I am to have around.... Mister ultimate detective." Maria sassed. The two enquiry agents glared at each other with menacing auras radiated off of them before both of them started to bicker again.

"f*CK YOU MARIA."
"tHEN F*CK ME LIKE A REAL MAN WITH THAT LITTLE MICROSCOPIC THING ASSHOLE."
"NO."
"Oh..? You're not into a beautiful goddess such as myself? hA. SO YOU'RE REALLY INTO DEAD BODIES EH?! CASE CLOSED EVERYONE, WOOOOO!!!!"
"sHUDDUP MISS FAILED QUINTESSENTIAL DETECTIVE."
"*le gasp* You take that back sir."

Gaela watched in amusement as the two squabbled while others just watched awkwardly. "A-Aiya come on, let's stop fighting." Alfred butted in, "¡lo sé! Maria, Gary; you two should work together just like how Gary and Shi-Ri work together. The world is full of serial killers and groups of murderers that haven't been caught yet. TRAXX, The Angel's Executioner, One-Eyed Reaper, Rí an Ghealach, there's plenty out there waiting to be thrown behind bars."

Gary and Maria both shared a mortified look. "nO WAY!" The two chorused. "There's no way I'm working with that egotistical weirdo! Don't compare the ever so lovable Sherry with Maria ever again Alfred!" Gary sighed in frustration, "I know you and Sherry are childhood friends and all but please don't compare the winsome Quintessential Coroner with Maria." "AND THERES ABSOLUTELY NO FREAKEN WAY I'M PAIRING UP WITH THAT ASSHOLE!" Maria fumed.

"I agree with Alfred though," Gaela managed to say, "you two'll be unstoppable if you work together." Saying those words wants to make Gaela want to gag but she didn't; just barely. "I agree! That One Eyed Reaper should be behind bars soon." Akamai grinned, blocking her eyepatch before cracking a small smirk, "how cool would it be if someone think of me as that infamous One Eyed Reaper?!" "Stop kidding around prez, you'd be thrown behind bars." David said with a smirk. Gaela rolled her eyes. It's true though; Akamai is the One Eyed Reaper.

"Anyways I got some time to kill so does anyone want a chess match with me?" David asked innocently. No one raised their hands nor answered, all know the outcome of the match. "Hey Lait does Yinyu want a chess match with me? Shall I video call him now?" He asked. Lait shook her head quickly with a nervous look. "Er, well, uhm, you see David..! Studying in Iceland is pretty hard for my brother so he's currently focusing on learning Icelandic....? Haha...ha? Yin doesn't have time to play chess with you now because..... yeah!AlsoifhelosesIneedtobuyyoulunchandyouknowhowstingyIamwithmoney." Lait said quickly.

"Fair enough. Tell Yinyu I said hi and he need to work hard to beat me in chess. Ah Gaela, want a match with me?" David asked. Gaela internally smiled, this'll be a perfect bonding moment. "It'll be rude for me to say no." She replied. David smacked Gaela on the back playfully with a smirk, "that's the spirit! Let's make a bet shall we? If I win you'll have to go on a date with me."

A date? Isn't that a bonding time outdoors between friends? Looks like Gaela just hit a jackpot. Everyone widened their eyes in utter shock as Akamai choked on air. "T-This is the first time David asked for such a thing....." Gary trailed off, "it's normally treat him to lunch." "oH HELL nO. BACK OFF DAVID. GAELA'S BRIAN'S FUTURE WIFE!" Akamai shrieked, "I'VE BEEN PAIRING THEM TOGETHER SINCE FOREVER." "If I win?" Gaela asked, ignoring what Akamai said. The talented chessman just confidently grinned. "I don't think it's likely for you to win but if you win... Well then...! I guess I'll do anything you ask or answer any question."