Chapter 16

"nANI THE FU C C¿¡"  Maria exclaimed as she pointed an accusing finger at an albino and a platinum blonde haired boy with piercing ice blue eyes hiding behind a stall, "wHAT THE HELL ARE YOU TWO DOING HERE?!"

David stopped talking to Gaela and glanced over at Maria with a pair of glasses and a stick-on moustache as well as Lait with a blank look hiding behind a tree. His golden brown gaze then drifted over to the stall and stared at his albino friend and blonde roommate rather questioningly before his lips curled upwards. "Oh hey guys! I never knew you're here," David greeted with a smile, "why don't we enjoy this funfair together?"

Gaela gave David a surprised look. He didn't know Gary and Christopher Lecky is following him?! Looks like Gaela need to really watch out for this oblivious boy. Who knows? Maybe Gary and Christopher plan to kill him. Well, Gaela just have to get to them first before they get to David.

Gary ignored what David said but raised his brow at Maria questioningly. "I could ask the same thing. What do you and Lait think you're doing behind that tree? Do you know how absurd that seems? Also what's up with that strange getup of yours Maria?" Lait sighed before Maria pulled off the stick-on moustache with a loud zwap. "We're here to make sure David doesn't do anything bad to my girl," Maria answered, "I need to make sure everything goes smoothly. What about you two?"

"David may seem like a playboy but the truth is he's actually a really sweet person. This is the first date he'd ever went on. I need to make sure Miss Itenokami is a good enough date for David." Christopher Lecky replied. Gary rolled his eyes, "same with me albeit I'm here to check out some locations that probably hides stashes and call out some scammers." An evil grin crept up Maria's face. "Oho let's have some fun doing that!" She cheered.

"So, what do you wanna ride on?" David asked Gaela with a wink. Gaela quickly snapped out of her trance before looking from Gary to Maria back and forth. "Shouldn't we invite them to join us on this hangout? Maybe we can go on the coffee cups or a rollercoaster together." Gaela said, "we can have some fun as a group." David's smirk faltered before he laughed. "That's not the answer I'm expecting but sure! The more the merrier right?"

And so, the two girls and two boys who stalks their respective targets hesitantly walked towards David and Gaela, both sides kinda glaring at each other. Maria and Gary gave each other competitive smirks while Lait just stared at Christopher rather queerly, as if paranoid of something. Lait curled her lips and stared at Christopher intensely.

"So... What shall we go on first?" Gaela asked. Before Lait, David nor Christopher can ever say something practical, the quirky detective beat them to it. "The shooting stalls!" Maria exclaimed, glaring at Gary, "I wanna call out some of 'em scammers faster than that albino and also I'm amazing at shooting them because I've been preparing myself for a school schooling since forever." "Game on." Gary growled. "Er, sure!" David laughed with a strained smile, "I was expecting to leave the stalls last to show off my skills to Gaela but I guess plans can be sabotaged, just like in chess."

And so, the abnormal group of friends went towards the stalls. Wasting no time, Maria and Gary already ran off, taking out their notebooks and scribbled furiously as they observe each and every stall carefully; contemplating the stalls. "Why don't you and Chris have a shooting contest, Quintessential Archer?" David smiled, "Chris is really good at shooting games; he got me a PlayStation 4 as well as multiple cool prizes last year in a shooting stand! The stall keeper cried."

"Pssssshhh! Of course Christopher will loose!" Maria exclaimed after she came waddling back with a handwritten bill in her hand for a stall, "Gaela is the Quintessential Archer and her aiming is top notch! A mere fanatic of guns can't be compared with the godly archer!" "Lies." Gary rebuttals as he walked over with a notebook filled with complicated diagrams, "Christopher is amazing at shooting and he won quite a lot of marksmanship competitions. I'd say Christopher is better than Gaela - no offence."