Chapter 35

After a good night's rest in a shared dormitory with Rin, Gaela had to admit she was quite excited to do a mission with Brian and Rin, her newfound squadron (well, formed without Mr. Häyhä's permission). According to Rin, Brian and Rin will infiltrate their boss's office and Rin will pick out a mission that's 'trilling and fun'. All Gaela have to do is to act as a decoy to distract Mr. Häyhä and hopefully they'll have a mission in their hands.

"Let's tell Brian we're sharing a dormitory together okay Miss Little Sister?" Rin smiled as she dragged Gaela down the hallway, "all you need to do is to distract Cillian. Me and Brian can get ourselves a good mission with a good distraction of yours! It'll be really fun and a once-a-lifetime experience! Sneaking into Cillian's office..! Aaahhh I'm excited just thinking about it!" Gaela nodded.

"Oohhh look! Brian's waiting for us. He's just around the corner." Gaela paused, feeling rather uneasy. The atmosphere ahead of the long empty hall felt tense and quite hostile. Rin caught onto the heavy atmosphere and immediately came to a halt, her aqua eyes narrowing in suspicion. The blue haired girl crept and peered around the corner of the grey-white Agency halls, sharp aquamarine eyes observing the scene in front of her. Gaela peered over too.

Brian Speller stood there, having a show down with a navy haired girl with a blood red eye and an eyepatch. The duo stared at each other in silence, an overwhelming feeling of tension and suspense weaving in between the duo. "Ooohhh Brian's having a show down with that pirate girl? Interesting." Rin chuckled, grinning. Gaela gave Rin a look of confusion.

"Akamai Shi. A lone assassin Cillian picked up from the streets." Rin began, "Cillian and Shi are going after the same dude. He invited her to join him - to join this agency. Honestly I don't think Cillian can brainwash her into making her his pawn anytime soon. Shi seems like a professional. I wouldn't be surprised if Shi's a spy or something and will betray us very soon." (Unintentional pun with Shi and she? Yeah.)

Brian and the girl finally spoke up.

"......Brian Speller is it?"
"Aka. What are you doing here? What happened to your eye—?"
"It's none of your business. Listen - I've been waiting for years to say this in your face. If you dislike me so much, say it to my face. Don't drag other people into our problem and don't be such a selfish b*stard."
"What are you talking about—"
"You know exactly what I'm talking about, Braun. You've left our family in ruins as you fled. Don't talk to me ever again you monster."

With that, the navy haired girl let out a feral growl, turned her heel and left, leaving Brian dumbfounded it seems. Rin and Gaela shared a nod, deciding it was safe to step out before they approached Brian. "Who's that chick Brian?" Rin asked innocently with a teasing grin, "your girlfriend?" Brian fell silent.

"Aka is my fiancé. Well - was, I presume." Brian answered. "Woah there damn I'm just joking," Rin said quickly, taken aback, "huh. So I guess you're not a sis con." "Oh, is she the Akamai I heard so much about in the past?" Gaela questioned, "the talented pianist who's super polite and dutiful and all the positive adjectives?" "I don't know," Brian muttered, "she changed it seems." "Enough of that. It's not like we're gonna see her anytime soon bro. Brian let's go into Cillian's office illegally and get ourselves some missions." Rin snickered. Brain nodded.

***

".....And that's how you kill someone without raising suspicion with poison. It ranges from using needles to poisoning food to even giving someone a dastardy kiss with poison coated lips. I'm impressed that my dear brother taught you how to handle toxins. You have my pride Gaela." Mr. Häyhä said softly with a pleasant smile that doesnt match his cold merciless eyes, "I'll always will be proud of you, my dear gem. You're forever my beautiful queen."