Chapter 26

"S-Stupid Gary! Dammit Sherry! G-Gary is such a jerk," Maria sniffled as she buried her face into Lait's pillow. The small investigator then proceed to snuggle into Gaela's duvet, sniffling. "Now Lai and Gaela just disappeared when I need them the most...." She grumbled. "Hey Maria?" There's a soft knock on the door. "It's me. Akamai. Are you alright in there? God it's already the afternoon and you're still in your dorm? Are you really skipping classes?" Maria fell silent. With all her might, she mustered the most cheerful tone she can talk in.

"Welcome back prez! How's the conference thing you said you attended? Oh me? Of course I'm alright! Just a bit lonely without my two wives by my side. I'm tired so I don't wanna go to my classes," Maria shouted back. Akamai behind the door fell silent. "You know Maria - Gary, Alfred, David, Sherry and I are worried about you. Don't lock yourself in that room anymore okay..? Lait and Gaela sure are busy these days. I guess being an author and an archer is quite difficult.... I just got a message from them saying they'll be back soon. You should go outside and take a breather okay?" Maria paused and then proceed to answer. "Okay," she replied, less fake and cheerful this time.

***

"Hey little sis! Whaddya think?"

Kami snapped out of her trance before she glanced at her older sibling with magenta hair and blue eyes kinda similar to her own, Yani. "Wow! London sure is amazing! So this is where you've been heading with all your hard earned money!" Her older sister said in German, kind blue eyes glimmering in the afternoon sun. Kami then realised her sister was holding up a t-shirt that reads 'cute but batsh*t insane'. "Doesn't this suit you? It cost thirty pounds - I can get this for you if you want!" Yani grinned before poking Kami's cheeks affectionately.

Kami snorted. No one, and I mean no one, in Kami's family knew about her being a street fighter or an infamous serial killer. That t-shirt really sums up Kami's character. And so, Kami replied to her sister in German. "No thanks. Thirty pound is a lot Yani. We can use that to pay for bills at home." Kami's cold cyan eyes hardened, "after all, that damn b*stard brought our family to ruins.... And mom......"

Yani clearly noticed the change in Kami's eyes as she gave her sister a sorry look. "Don't worry Kami, it's fine! This is the world we live in and we gotta accept it!" Yani embraced Kami into a hug tightly, cradling her sister protectively as if she don't want Kami to be exposed to the sh*t world they live in, speaking in English with a thick German accent. "We're kind.... The world is too cruel and I guess unluckiness plays a big role in our lives. I'm sorry that you have to sacrifice your teenage years to working in order to support our family Kami... Thank you so much for deciding to support us even if you can just continue living your life as a child..! Your jobs sure earns a bunch. Anyways enough of that! There's no use sulking over it!"

Yani grinned as she let go of Kami. "As long as I have you, mom and everyone else by my side, I can take on anything!" She cheered, ruffling Kami's neon turquoise hair, "including a hundred duck sized horses and a horse sized duck!"

"..." Kami just stared at her weird magenta haired sister. "How can I be kind like you? I hardened myself so I can't get hurt again but you're here living the life, not bothering to change yourself to adapt to this society and isn't influenced by any sh*t." Kami mumbled in German, recalling her first kill to help support her family.

Yani just shrugged. "I mean, the world can go piss itself. I'm not going down without a fight! There's nothing wrong about changing yourself so don't worry about it lil' sis! You have a work shift now right? I'll leave you to it! I'm gonna go around and wait until you're done with your shift by playing video-games and sightseeing okay? I need to go back home tonight after all! Cya!"