Chapter 69

Sherry, Folisha and Luke found Adrienne on the brink of death but still alive. Sherry could tell. Even though Adrienne's limbs were blown all over the place and her face was soot black and barely recognisable, her heart was still beating but barely. Thankfully Sherry was able to convince Folisha and Luke of Adrienne's status due to her faint heartbeat. With Lydie present in the coffeehouse that Squadron Delta took cover in, she went off to save Adrienne. But Sherry didn't know what the outcome was.

It's been a week now.

The school building continued to burn right into the night for a number of days. It finally ceased today. Sherry, Gary, Luke and finally Maria were invited by the police to investigate the school thoroughly. As Sherry stepped out of the car and yawned, the adults thats consisted of policemen, detectives and enquiry agents all swarmed around and went inside the school in a frenzy, investigating the matter to uncover the untold mystery behind its destruction.

Desensitised ever since she was a young child, Sherry appeared to be just fine though Gary, Luke and Maria appeared a bit pale with dark circules under their eyes. Sherry presume they were unable to rest well after all that happened yesterday. "Today my horoscope said to me... I shall come in peace with my inner turmoil at an area of investigation. It is empty yet full, full yet empty. Lively yet lonely, lonely yet lively... I'm not smart. I wonder where would that be?" Sherry hummed. As the coroner continued to meander around aimlessly, she went upstairs to the seventh floor and suddenly stopped. Sherry felt a chill down her spine.

"...." Sherry had a hunch that she would be able to find something interesting down this certain hallway. The coroner immediately began to survey her surroundings, noticing many dents and bloodstains on the walls and floors of the rumble of a building. Ah, a fight must've taken place here. Sherry went on ahead of the hall, following the bits of dried blood and abnormal indentations. As Sherry continued pacing down the hallways, something shiny caught her eyes. Sherry turned around and froze.

On the floor within the chunks and pieces of rubble were two diamond rings.

Sherry slowly trekked over and crouched down. Without no hesitation at all, Sherry threw on her white gloves and began examining them. Those two were clearly engagement rings and seemed to be quite expensive and sturdy being said it survived the big fire. One of the rings was unfamiliar to Sherry whilst the other....

...It's Akamai's.

"Akamai... Akamai.... Prez..!" Sherry muttered as she began scurrying around the rumble and debris around in hopes to find more clues. Her vision blurred and a lump formed around her throat. Akamai must be alive. That's right, her body won't be here. She must've escaped right? Akamai is just tired and that's why she hadn't contact anyone in a week. As much as Sherry wanted to convince herself that's the case, a part of her didn't believe it one bit. She heaved up a cement block with big long steel rods in them and pushed it aside, only to find a stiletto and a foreign Japanese blade laying haplessly on the floor covered in dust and ashes. Sherry stared at it. The rings in her gloved hand dropped onto the floor.

"Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa..." Sherry wailed, feeling an overwhelming amount of strange emotions building up inside her, "aaaaaaaaaaaaaa...!" Sherry finally collapsed down onto the ground, unable to bear with the strange pain in her heart. "AAAAAAAA!" Sherry screamed, hearing her voice echo over and over again. Sherry cried. As Sherry continued to weep, it was clear her loud cries concerned the nearby people.

"SHERRY!" Luke Aiden shouted out as he dashed up the set of stairs and quickly towards Sherry. He threw himself at her and kept the crying coroner in a tight embrace, patting her head and rubbing circles on her back. "What's wrong Sherry are you okay?" Luke asked softly, "what's wrong?" Blinded by grief and sorrow, Sherry could only snuggle into Luke's chest and muffle her screams into his stylish clothes. The never ending tears soaked through Luke's grey jumper within his leather jacket rather quickly but he paid no mind to it.