Chapter 56

Squadron Bravo ran swiftly and quietly on the outside of the school building. Lait Yi have the the layout of the school memorised; she was a student here after all. They weren't going to go into the school through entrances; too much of a risk. They'd go through the vents. Following close behind the phantom thief with a plague doctor mask was Ritchie, Lucia, Shauna and the Robinson protégés.

While Squad Alpha was tasked with killing and injuring people in bold and flashy ways, squad Bravo has the most important task; rescue the hostages that were Yinyu Yi, David Moon and Rien Sun. Lait suddenly stopped by a wall with vents. They were right outside of the science lab. "We're here!" She cried out.

Wasting no time at all, Lait quickly unscrewed the vent covering and placed it carefully on the floor. Aisuki immediately laid flat and went in the vents quickly, followed by Otto and Casper. Lait glanced at Ritchie who gave Lucia and Shauna a nod, signalling the ladies to go first. "A-Are we really going inside?" Shauna asked, her shoulders subconsciously raising. She seemed scared. Lait hesitated. "Yes we are... But Shauna you don't have to—" "Shauna, I know it's scary but I will keep you safe!" Lucia interrupted Lait, giving her sister a bright smile. The tall girl with braided lavender hair gave her sister a small nod and crawled inside the vents, moving swiftly as if she was slithering. "I'm right behind you," Lucia reassured as she climbed inside.

Finally Lait gave Ritchie a look. "...Lait. If I die, look after Rien for me." Ritchie said before he crawled inside. Lait stared after Ritchie. She followed him into the vents. Normally, Lait wasn't fond of going through confined vents. Even if Lait wasn't claustrophobic, she felt vulnerable to be in tight spaces. However....

The vents in St. Peter's were surprisingly wide and spacious; as if someone implemented these vents on purpose... No matter. No time to be thinking about these things. The wide vents were easy to go through. Lait thought it'd be difficult to go up different floors of the school but... Like Lait had thought previously, it was as if someone made the vents on purpose as a method for travelling around the school. They reached the student dormitory floor.

It wasn't long until Lait heard a kick. Aisuki had kicked down the vent coverings ahead. They've arrived. Surprisingly, Lait found herself hopping onto a bed inside a student's dormitory. Lait tilted her head in confusion. She looked around the dormitory; it was plastered with documents and papers. Otto crept to the door and opened it hesitantly, peering left. The Valadi then looked right and suddenly flinched. Otto's ink black eyes widened, blue-white irises shrinking.

Lait secured her plague doctor mask and made a dash for the door, pulling out her calligraphy pen. The blade glinted in malice. There were two figures standing within ten feet; a boy and girl. They both have an unwavering smile, unfazed with the faint gunshots and shouting. "Justus? Sabrina?!" Lait exclaimed in surprise. Curious, everyone behind Lait peered over.

"Squadron Beta is better than I thought. No clanking in the vents I see. You must all be professionals in venting." Justus grinned, "come on. Sabrina and I will lead you to the hostages." "It is not of kindness we do this for. It is under Akamai and our dear principal's orders." Sabrina said calmly. Lait gave them a smile, only to nod quickly after realising the two Quintessentials cannot see Lait's face from her mask. "Thank you." Lait said quickly.

Sabrina and Justus turned their backs and paced away. Squadron Beta quickly followed them. The group moved quickly through the floor, pass the Quintessential dormitories. Lait walked passed her shared dormitory with Gaela and Maria. Lait bit her lip and moved on, pacing forward. No turning back from this mess now. Yinyu is top priority. Always.