Chapter 55

The plan Akamai worked on with Adrienne, Casper and Lait was simple: rescue David Moon, Yinyu Yi and Rien Sun. Kill Bing Dal and everyone who stands in their way; play by the fundamentals of 'In this world it's either kill or be killed'. It was as easy as that. But the worst may happen; allies will get killed.

Thanks to Luke Aiden, Sherry Corcoran, Erwin Cóir and some influential Quintessentials, the area around St. Peter's college within a five mile radius was cleared; devoid of life. Akamai was grateful for her students... They all grew up now. They don't need Akamai to hold their hands and guide them anymore. Instead, they can accompany and assist Akamai.

It was a bright tranquil morning at the hour of nine when Akamai stood outside to face the majestic school she possessed so much fond memories in. She wore a blank expression, staring out from her single right eye. Beside her was squadron Alpha. She finally gave Threatening a nod. The grenadier beside her hurled a dynamite at the school main entrance and it immediately exploded, signalling to the enemies of their flashy arrival.

"Alright. Let's do our best and demolish as much people as we can. We need to buy time for squadron Bravo and Charlie. Got it?" Akamai asked. Christopher Lecky and Caelan Rose standing behind Akamai diagonally gave her a nod. Kami and Folisha on the sides were already charging inside the main building at an impressive speed, one screaming while other giggling maniacally. Threatening and Adrienne gave the two girls one a hopeless look and other a scowl before they both hurried inside, providing the two girls with cover with their desired weapons in hand.

"Christopher, Caelan — let's go." Akamai said and rushed inside the crumbled main entrance. Akamai prayed for Adrienne to be safe and sound with Threatening and Folisha. The redheaded strategist was vulnerable and weak but she was a valuable asset: she was one of the communicators of Squadron Alpha. She can communicate with Squadron Bravo, Charlie and Delta; Lait, Rin and Lydie's squadrons. It was important to know the school have control over the radio waves and signal. The enemies can overhear their messages if they want to. The less transceivers there were, the better.

"Akamai.... Be careful." Alfred's worried voice said hesitantly through Akamai's receiver. The girl in return smirked. Knowing Alfred cannot hear her, Akamai still replied to the polyglot. "Don't worry about me Alfred. Just stay with Lydie and Britannia and update us alright?" Akamai said to nobody in particular. With that, Akamai sprinted inside the school building, following Threatening, Kami and Folisha.

The school entrance was usually where the main office was situated. It had a lot awards and trophies in shelves to show visitors how mighty this prestigious school was. It was where Akamai usually walks in to get to her office quickly. However, that information was irrelevant now. Gunshots, piercing bullets smashing into the floors and the world within the school immediately brought Akamai back into reality. The One Eyed Reaper pulled out her trustworthy glock and bolted in, her sharp eye immediately noticing a number of enemies hiding behind flipped furniture.

The navy haired girl did a quick tumble and ducked behind a small table. She peered over, fired a few shots at enemies and ducked when it was necessary. Akamai in the past would charge straight in recklessly and wouldn't care about dying because she had nothing to lose. But now she have. Akamai want to live on; for her beloved students and herself. But most importantly, for Brian, Christopher and Valerie. Fulfilling Valerie's promise had always seemed like a lifetime away but right now it was just barely within reach.

"YOU TWO, COVER ME!" Akamai can hear Folisha shout in the distance. "FOLISHA YOU IDIOT GEEZ!" "Adrienne calm down. Let's aid Folisha okay?" "Hmph. Fine." Curious, Akamai peered over to look at the three members of the Kings of the Moon. Folisha sprinted swiftly before she sprang up high into the air and dropkicked into the face of a rogue, her combat boot blades slashing the man's face. As the man shouted in agony, Threatening aimed his AK-47 and mowed down the people behind him. Folisha ran off further into the school entrance, laughing heartily. Adrienne scowled before she quickly did the finishing blow on the poor man, slashing into his appendix with two daggers and scurried along to follow Folisha and Threatening.