Chapter 21

Alarms blared and sirens seethed down the giant laboratory. The trio burst out from the glass walls, shattering the see-through barrier into smithereens, struggling to escape. Otto seriously thought the guards were going to catch up to them until Aisuki came to a halt and stopped, turning around and pulling out her machete.

"I'll hold them back. Hvítur, Zero, go and get the virus quickly! We need to get out of here. Lang is counting on us." Aisuki commanded before she started hacking away with her long machete, immediately killing a few guards while dodging bullets. "I'll buy you just five minutes. After that, leave immediately."

Otto gave Aisuki a quick worried glance before scurrying off. Casper is already on the move, tracking down the right room. After a minute or two of running, they finally reached their destination. "Lab #66... Lab #67....... We're here." Casper said, swiping a stolen ID card before entering.

The lab looks just like something Otto see in a Sci-Fi movie. There was quite a lot of strange machines, vials, diagrams and computers littered around the place. "Zero, go get the virus. I'll delete the files." Casper instructed before running straight to the computers and began typing furiously.

"E-Eh?!" Otto blinked before he hesitantly walked over to a giant counter, staring at the sturdy metal box in front of him. "Is this it?" Otto asked. Casper's murky eyes never left the computer screens as he replied quickly. "Yeah. Go and destroy the virus. The world is in danger with that thing around."

Otto flip open the lid and stared at the well decorated canister with a black-purple liquid inside hesitantly. He doesn't know how to get rid of this virus. Sparks of purple danced and swirled in the black liquid as he paused, staring at the liquid in awe. He doesn't know much about it - what does it do exactly?

"Zero. Five minutes is up. Let's go." Casper said with a stern look as he grabbed onto a bottle of sulphur acid and bashed it on the computers, destroying the devices. Casper immediately smashed the window of the high rise secret laboratory immediately after before hopping out of it, pulling out his parachute.

"Wait for me Hvítur!" Otto squeaked as he glanced at the canister and the window in panic. Foreign shouts and multiple footsteps can be heard. Otto paused. Their main aim of this mission is to make sure these evil people didn't get their hands on the virus. He doesn't have to destroy it or anything. Even if he did, the evil people probably can still work with remains of the mess.

"Whatever. As sir said in the past, rash was my middle name." Otto said before he pulled a feat. Without much thinking, Otto yanked the canister out from the box and tapped on the side, revealing a needle.

Otto injected the whole canister of unknown virus into his arm.

He gasped and staggered at the overwhelming surge of power running through his veins as his heart rate increased and his ears hurts from hearing the pumping of his heart. It is as if his small body can't contain all its power. What a powerful virus (is it a drug? Otto wasn't so sure). Gritting his teeth, Otto felt dizzy but still capable of moving around. Shaking his head furiously, he quickly ran and floundered out of the window just as the laboratory door smashed open.

***

Lait smiled as soon as the middle aged woman opened the envelope. She stared at the cheque with £10,000 written on with a blank stare. She fixed her glasses before brushing strands of her dirty blonde hair away. "Lait, you don't have to do all this." Jenny started, "I get Henry wants you to continue donating to us when he died but... you really don't have to do all this."