Chapter 8

Gaela hate to admit this but she's getting more and more accustomed to the daily life of a student. Homework isn't that hard but there are other things that are bothering her such as ways to break into David's dorm or how she should stalk Christopher Lecky and Lepus Ravel; David's roommates. Who knows? Maybe those two are killers that'll end the chessman's life.

The young sniper closed her history books, notebooks as well as one of Lait's bestselling novels, stood up and began packing up. The library was a quiet place; it have quite the dark atmosphere and there's hardly any students in here. The library is full of books that are up to centuries old and even an impressive collection of documents in the archive. Gaela can see why Akamai likes to hog the library to herself.

Putting her books in her rucksack, Gaela left the library and decided to head back to her shared dorm with Maria and Lait. While heading back to her dorm, she bumped into Alfred, whose muttering to himself in Russian, trying to memorise the Soviet Union anthem it seems. "Hello Tenjin-san." Gaela greeted, "working diligently like always I see." "A-Ah bonjour Gaela! Nien, no soy trabajador. I'm just working on improving my Russkiy." Alfred shuttered, taken aback by Gaela's presence. "God Gaela I never noticed you. You just appeared out of nowhere!"

Gaela just faked a chuckle in response before continuing. "You need grace and a good understanding of yourself to be a good archer after all... Well you're really hardworking in my eyes. Very admirable indeed. I shall learn from you." Before their conversation can drag on, Alfred's phone rang. With a small 'excuse me', he took out his phone, stared at the number before sighing and answering. "¿Dígame?" "aLFRED HELP THIS IS AN EMERGENCY—"

Alfred hung up with a tired expression. "Oh? Is everything alright Tenjin-san? The other line seems to be in distress." Gaela said. "It's just Akamai. I think she forgot to do her French or English essay and want to ask me to do it for her since, you know, she have multiple student and parent conferences to get to as well as outdoor activities I heard... I wish Sherry was here since she can deal with Akamai pretty maturely." Gaela kinda feels sorry for Akamai. She needs to torture some woman all the way in Scotland today to gain information on The Angel's Executioner. Of course she have no time to do her homework.

"I suggest you to help her out Tenjin-san. Anyways I shall be on my way to my dorm since I need to do my science homework. I'll see you later, goodbye." Gaela and Alfred exchanged farewells and Gaela finally got to her dorm. She took out the keys from her uniform and unlocked the door. With a twist and a push, she opened the door and was greeted with both Lait and Maria staring at Lait's laptop intensely, trying to hold back a laugh it seems.

"Welcome back Gaela!" Maria greeted. "Gaela? Who's Gaela? I thought it's only you and my sister Maria." The computer echoed. The voice is quite deep and foreign. The speaker isn't the best at English it seems. Gaela narrowed her eyes at the laptop curiously before she realised its a FaceTime video. "It's a long story well not really but I'm not bothered telling." Maria grinned, "why don't you come and meet Gaela, me and Lai's new roommate Yinyin?"

"I can't. I can't find my glasses."
"Just come over, come on Yinyin~!!"
"I can't find my glasses!"
"Ehe I'm sure you can find it some other time Yin, you have my blessings from Britain! Now why don't you come and meet Gaela?"
"Shut up stupid. I need to find my glasses now."
"Come on Yinyin~!!!"
"Ugh fine."

A boy with black hair and glasses appeared on the laptop screen. He appeared to be quite tall and he wore a blank expression, quite like Lait's, though he appeared to be a little more annoyed. "There. Happy now? Now if you excuse me, I need to find my glasses—" "Excuse me but aren't you wearing them right now...?" Gaela trailed off, narrowing her eyes.

Yin, Gaela presume, narrowed his brown eyes questioningly before widening them in shock as well as realisation and glared at Lait and Maria, who burst out laughing. "YOU TWO ARE STUPID AND I HATE YOU ALL!" He roared angrily. Gaela had to admit, he looks quite adorable when he's angry. "Awww I love you too Yinyin~!" Maria cooed, still trying to hold back her laughter. "A-Anyways why don't you introduce yourself to Gaela?" Lait asked between giggles.