Chapter 27

A woman watched as her son gazed at the falling snow in awe, brown eyes glimmering in the midnight snow. "It's snowing nee-san!" A little boy exclaimed in Japanese as he pointed at the white silvery light dancing in the night. His sister, reading a book, just nodded.

Hisame Itenokami pouted angrily as she flicked her son on the forehead. "Bing, you shouldn't talk in that language." His mother scolded strictly, "you know how mad your dad gets if he catch you talking in Japanese." "But mom—"

"Mother. It's fine. After all he's not here. Right Koori?" The girl asked, looking at her brother who looks nearly identical to herself. "Mhm! Off to another business conference and isn't coming back until a month or so," the girl's brother huffed, "probably off with another woman." The mother sighed before nodding. "Maybe you're right Bing. My sole purpose is to raise and protect you two after all." She smiled, cradling her two children.

"Do you want us to talk in Mandarin mom?"
"No, let's just talk in your mother tongue."
"Mother. We have different mother tongues. Mine is Japanese and Koori's Korean."
"Exactly. You need to practice all fields of a language. Talk in your respective languages. I'll talk in mandarin."
"Hai."
"Seung-in!"

The girl lives happily with her mother and her younger brother in the outskirts of Japan, away from society. Her father was always away - attending conferences, meetings, parties as well as magazine shoots all around Asia - especially his homeland in Korea. Her father is no doubt a handsome man but he never showed the girl nor her little brother any form of affection which puzzled the girl.

If life is like a chess game, her father would be a king. He is a harsh man. A womaniser. A materialistic businessman who cares about nothing but money and can control anyone and everyone. Everyone knows that. But still many people fell for his trap - they all crave for his looks, his masked personalities, his grasp, his gaze, his attention. Many went bankrupt because of him.

The only time her father ever talked to Yuki and her brother is when he's keeping track of their studies as well as their lives - observing every movement and behaviour, altering and controlling his children to his liking to meet his unparalleled expectations. The girl is fine with that until one day it all changed.

The poor girl can only watch as her brother disappeared from her sight. Her father cuts him out of her life all because he want a successor with proper training. Even today, she cannot remember her younger brother's face. They've been separated. All the girl remember is her mother commenting how similar the two siblings look.

"It's just you and me now Yuki." Her mother said, "it's now just you and me. Let's stick together forever."

One rainy day, under the full bloomed cherry blossoms, she met him. Dainty pink petals fell gracefully as it danced in the rain and twirled in the wind. Yuki held her breath as well as her umbrella as she watched the unconscious boy wearing no doubt clothes of aristocracy. Seeing his flawless features covered in rain makes Yuki sad... She pitied him. She hovered her umbrella over the blonde as she spoke up, feeling her other hand letting go of the grocery bag.

"Hey - get up. Are you alright?" Yuki asked, her unique lilt not affecting her Japanese. The blonde grunted before opening one eye and then the other, rich Prussian blue eyes meeting Yuki's brown ones. "Entschuldige, kannst du das wiederholen?" The blonde asked, clearly confused. Yuki blinked in utter confusion.

"E-Eh..? Uhm, 你会说什么语言?"
"Quoi?"
"집이 어디 있어요?"
"я не понимаю."