Chapter 59

Brian was said to be an unbreakable man. Yet here he was, slowly breaking on the spot. He was unshakable and wouldn't hesitate. Yet he was shaken to the core and uncertain what to do. With Rin's gas mask on his face safe and secure, Brian took a deep breath appeared around the corner. He faced his stepmother.

Valeska Schuyler was just as stunning as the first time Brian met her. Even if her beauty began to wither due to her age, she still looked lovely. This was the woman Brian's father was married to after Brian's mother died after his birth. This was the woman who loved Brian. This is the woman who swore on her life and honour to take good care of Brian. This was Christopher Lecky's mother; Brian's stepmother.

This was the woman who killed Valerie.

Finally coming to his senses and have his mind cleared up, Brian found himself unsheathing the Yoake. Braun Schuyler was all in the past. He is Brian Speller, a lost kid in the middle of nowhere in Japan who was taken in by Hisame Itenokami. Right in front of Brian was Ved'ma; an infamous Russian assassin who married Gebhard Schuyler. Most importantly, she was the one who killed Valerie Gemini Schuyler. Brian's older twin. Brian have no reason to hold back fighting such a monster. Brian positioned himself and tightened his grip on the Yoake, hopeing it would help him defeat this monster of a human in front of him. 

Valeska glanced at Brian's katana, cold grey eyes glinted in amusement. "That's the beloved Dawnbreaker wielded by Hisame. How long have you served for the Itenokami family to possess the family heirloom?" Valeska asked before blasting the PP-19 Bizon on her hands. The submachine gun blasted tons of bullets towards Brian, who in return dodged and ducked, deflecting or cutting the bullets in halves when he have to with the sharp katana. He ignored Valeska's question, not wanting to think about unnecessary thoughts that would affect his performance. Brian have to say, Valeska was very much alike Christopher —great with firearm.

As much as Brian hated to admit, Christopher was a splitting image of his mother, only to be honed to perfection by her. Christopher clearly surpassed his mother. Brian wouldn't be able to beat him one on one with guns and artillery. Brian was lucky to have Christopher on their side; all thanks to David Moon being held hostage. But Brian was sure of one thing: he could win against Valeska. Especially in terms of close combat. Brian drew a deep breath as he continued to slash with his beloved Yoake, concentrating.

49, 50.... 51, 52, 53 rounds.
The Bizon was out of ammo.

Brian immediately dashed forward and began brandishing away with his katana skilfully, not giving Valeska any chances to even think about reloading her submachine gun. The talented assassin's cold grey eyes darkened in response and held up the gun to block strikes from the quick and efficient katana. "How do you know I'm out of ammo in the magazine?" Ved'ma asked, a bit taken aback. "I counted," Brian replied through the gas mask, "as soon as I heard the first shot you've fired at Rei, I kept count. Rei told me what gun you have in your hands and I worked from there." "Impressive."

With some quick thinking, Brian swiftly pulled out his stiletto from the scabbard within his suit pants and stabbed towards Valeska's hip. Despite being in her late thirties or early forties , the monster of a lady was still quick enough to block the stiletto with her own damn hand. Valeska tightened her grip around the stiletto and the submachine gun in her other hand began shaking. Brian clearly have more strength than the woman. Valeska quickly sent out a kick and Brian immediately backed away. Valeska was wearing heels. Getting kicked by her would be very dangerous.

"Hm, you're a praiseworthy man," Valeska complimented, "you seem to know the risks of getting kicked by these heels. You are a great assassin. I would love to have you by my side and assist me." "Any assassin, spy, agents or hitmen who wouldn't suspect toxic needles inside the heel of high heels deserves death and shame upon their families," Brian said calmly, "it is only natural for me to back away. I know for sure a strong infamous killer like you would never wear shoes that reduces mobility with nothing to gain. I saw your murder in the Le Blank Household when you are targeting Miss Adrienne Le Blank. I know you are a skilled user of toxins and drugs."