Chapter 4

The sound of boiling water and a click from the kettle woke Gaela up. Gaela sat up slowly and rubbed her eyes, looking over at the clock on the wall. 5am in the morning. Gaela's eyes then hovered over to the small kitchen area of the dormitory she's in. She watched as Maria plopped a tea bag into her mug as well as a few sugar cubes in. She poured the hot boiling water into her mug, add milk from the fridge, before stirring it and taking a long sip of it.

Maria's sharp eyes immediately saw Gaela in the corner of her eyes and she waved with a sorry look. "Good morning Gaela, I'm sorry for waking you up." She whispered gently, "Lai sleeps like a dead rock sometimes so I must be getting a bit careless, sorry." Gaela shrugged it off and got up. She grabbed her uniform and headed into the bathroom to wash her face, brush her teeth and change into her uniform, planning on learning a few vital information about David Moon today.

As soon as she walked out of the bathroom, she was greeted with the sight of Maria reviewing some material and documents with a deadpan expression. "What are you reading?" Gaela asked as she peered over. Her blood ran cold as she examined multiple coloured ink scribbles of notes and theories in a newspaper about the natural gas accident in the Victoria and Albert museum. "There's something about this accident that doesn't add up," Maria replied, her brown eyes narrowing in suspicion, "there are ten people missing that day with a stolen car nearby and I think.......... It's not normal. There's something more about it than just an accident don't you think?"

Gaela ripped her eyes off of Maria and walked towards the windowsill and opened the curtains. The natural sunlight burst into the dimly lit room just a second ago and Gaela can now see a clear view of Lait in bed, sleeping soundly with her lips slightly apart. "......I think it's pretty normal." Gaela finally said, "I know nothing about crime so I'm not much of a reliable person to discuss with. I'm going down to get breakfast."

Gaela quickly headed towards the door and got out, sighing in relief that she doesn't seem too abnormal around Maria. Maria really is a difficult obstacle to her mission. She went towards the school cafeteria, thankful that Maria woke her up without her knowing since most corridors are empty. She finally reached the cafeteria and pushed open the door, heading inside.

Gaela grabbed a tray and just got some random things to make her tray look presentable before walking towards an empty table at the far right of the room, away from attention. She sat down and ate, just realising how lonely she is without Folisha and Rin chattering excitedly, Adrienne mumbling and complaining, Threatening idling and pondering new murder methods and Brian just sitting there nodding once in a while.

"....Yo Gaela."

Gaela's stoical expression loosened as a dark navy haired girl walked towards her confidently, red merlot eye glowing in the morning sun with her eyepatch blocking her gorged out left eye. Her smirk seems to grew wider upon reaching her. "Hello Akamai, it's been a while." Gaela said as Akamai settled herself down in a seat.

"It really have. Heck, the school life is really boring. However the agency needs files and information that no one but the police and this school have so they have to place me here. Why are you here?"
"I got a mission to protect David Moon."
"David? Oh that mischievous brown haired boy that hangs around Alfred."
"Any information about him?"
"B*tch please. You're talking to the student council president of this place. Of course I know some useful info. He received a scholarship and a title when he applied for this school. He's the Quintessential chessman. He runs a chess club and you can visit there on lunch time."

Gaela took note of that information and nodded, thankful that Akamai is here to assist her. Before the two girls can carry on their conversations, a unique foreign voice started to unfold into the quiet cafeteria.