Chapter 34

"You think you can escape from me?"

"Where are you hiding Otto~?"

"Are you afraid of me..?"

"You're always be mine, Otto, mine."

That demon in the form of a girl died a fiery death. Otto stared into the kind eyes of his saviour and the girl with long white hair with him as he trembled violently in the narrow isolated streets, half dead. The kind man extended his hand to Otto and smiled. "Come to me, I'll keep you safe. You don't have to be scared anymore, I am here."

Otto reached for the hand of his saviour and he pulled him up. His grip was gentle yet firm and strong. The girl beside the man rolled her eyes and gave Otto a cold stare. Otto let out a small squeak. "I am Harry Robinson and that is my protégé Winter. The two of us will keep you safe. I promise. Winter, let's go home."

Otto is grateful for that man. He's a saviour and the kindest man alive despite everyone keep talking so revoltingly about him. What do they know about his mentor? Nothing. He is dead now and he can finally rest in peace. He saved Otto's life. Even today.

"Otto, wake up. C'mon, everyone's waiting for you. You don't want to be slacking off when others are working hard do you? Wake up from this nightmare and smile for me."

"˙lɐǝɹ ǝɹ'ʎǝɥʇ ,pɐǝɥ ɹuoʎ uı sǝɔıoʌ ǝɥ"

Otto snapped his eyes open and stared into the plain white ceiling, his raspy breathing filling the quiet infirmary. His vision blurred and he squinted his eyes, shedding a few inky tears, before to trying to sit up with some difficulty. What happened? Oh yes, Lydie ran a few tests on him. Otto looked around his surroundings and stopped.

He stared at the unconscious girl in the bed opposite of him. She seems familiar. Oh yes. She's Yue Xuemei; Gaela. Otto remembered seeing her when Harry Robinson took him to meet Mr. Yue and his daughter before in the past. They killed several people together and stole some things. He stared at the clock above the unconscious girl. 2:27am.

Otto inhaled, taking in a whiff of what it seems to be food. He then stared at the plate of what it seems to be steak with carrots, peas and a side of mash and gravy on the bedside table. There was a sticky note beside on the table. 'Have something to eat. We're going to move you to a different room at dawn. Your siblings are visiting you this morning. Keep yourself under control. - Lydie W.'

The food seems to be fresh being given steam was still wavering out of the dish. "Siblings?" Otto wondered out loud, "must be Yinyu, Casper, Aisuki and Lait. Or maybe Artic too... Well, I don't know if she is still my sister.... It's late, Lydie must really care about my wellbeing to give me food. I really don't want her to get an irregular sleeping schedule because of me." Otto stared at the plate. He plucked out the steak and ate it, not batting an eye on the vegetables. The flesh was appetising and it tasted wonderful. Otto found it strange since he never eat much meat. Why does it taste so good and why does he crave for more..?

***

"So this is the place?" Yinyu asked in disbelief as he stared at the coffee shop in front of him. "Yeah," Ritchie said, "we're here. Hopefully Akamai got everything in order. I talked with Maria in the mental alyssum. She misses you loads Yinyu, saying she want to hug you and smooch you or something." Yinyu ignored Ritchie before turning to Rien. "Is your brother out of his mind?" "Maybe."