Chapter 24: Trial Run

Start from the beginning

"What?" Kaila asked hearing the nervous tone of the woman.

It was rare the girls got to hear either of the women so nervous. They always held themselves up high with confidence and grace, and every time they saw them fearful of something it only made them ten thousand times more nervous than they would've been.

Waving her wife over, Lain entered the room carefully maneuvering herself so her back always faced away from them. Sitting down besides her wife, Nina raised a curious brow as she checked on why her wife was moving so strangely.

And when she finally realized why, she hit her wife's shoulder eyeing her down, but Lain didn't care. She felt sure of her actions.

Gesturing for her wife to turn their attention back at the girls, Nina looked seeing Kaila and Lauren tilted headed as they watched them. "What's the news?" Lauren asked wanting to know.

"So...my mom is coming over tomorrow." Nina began. She could already see the sheer panic on the girl's faces as they both sat up trying to mask their fear. "And she's bringing Faye along with her."

If they weren't panicked enough before, they were now. Neither of them knew how or what was the proper way to react. They knew deep inside that they weren't ready for new people just yet, but they feared of being punished for being afraid of people so dear to the couple.

"How...how long are they staying?" Lauren asked as she began to disappear behind her long brown hair.

"We're not sure. My best guess is a day." Lain answered.

"Is she..." Kaila stopped herself as she threw her hands over her mouth.

"Is she what Kaila?" Nina persisted.

The women knew anything the girls said came from their fear of the unknown. And they'd rather answer any questions they had now than to wait and let their fear brew. At least now their minds can be at ease knowing they had nothing to be afraid of.

"Is she...nice?"

Grabbing hold of her hand, Nina smiled as she nodded. "My moms one of the nicest people you'll ever meet. The only thing she wants is for love in return."

Letting a small smile take over Kaila nodded.

The girls had been slowly growing fond of the women. They had gone from being afraid of showing any type emotion and being as stiff as a rock to being flexible. Changing as the time allowed, Kaila clutched the woman's hand tighter in her own not wanting to lose her.

Even Lauren had made her way closer to the women as the comfort they provided was warm.

After hearing a strange sound of something tapping another object from behind her back, Lain finally brought her hands in front as she opened her arms towards the closest girl.

And Lauren didn't hesitate to crawl into her lap letting the woman hold her securely.

Over the course of the week Lauren in particular had grown obsessed with the women's touch. She was always wanting to be near them, or as they found out her preferred method, being held.

Nina could see the way Kaila looked at her wife and Lauren. She looked back down into her own lap holding onto Nina's hand tighter as she gulped hard.

Smirking to herself, Nina pulled the girl close before sitting her down in her lap. Wrapping her arms around her waist the woman wasn't going to let Kaila go, or at least not until she wanted. But by the way she girl sunk into her lap and leaned into her touch Nina knew that wasn't going to be for a very long time.

"There's something else we had to tell you girls about my mother." Nina carefully pressed on.

Too caught up in enjoying their comfort, neither girl responded but were still listening.