81) lost hair

15 days.

Only 15 days.

It had been 15 days since shawn was diagnosed with aml leukemia and his hair was starting to fall out.

The doctors recommended to shave it off it would be easier that way and shawn knew that but he didn't want to.

His hair was the last part of him that reminded him he was a normal person, perfectly healthy but now it wasn't.

His hair wasn't important until he got cancer.

His hair made him feel safe and normal. It made him feel loved.

It was stupid but it was the truth.

.........

Shawn was sat in front of his bathroom mirror with Camila behind him hold a razor.

Shawn took a deep breath in and nodded telling her it was ok to cut his hair.

Camila went through his hair once and when she finished she gave shawn a kiss on the neck.

"You're beautiful baby" Camila said and shawn let the few tears he held in out.

He watched as another part of him was taken away by cancer.

Shawn closed his eyes for the rest of the cutting,he couldn't watch anymore.

He wasn't going to,he couldn't.

"Your done baby...I love you"

"No you dont...stop saying that. I have cancer, I'm weak ,I have no hair...I can't do anything" shawn said crying out.

"Shawn Peter Raul mendes stop that right now. None of that matters. I feel in love with your heart not looks. I love you because you are so kind,and real not because you have hair" Camila said and shawn just looked up at her.

Smiled and half nodded before getting up and walking out of the bathroom and into the bedroom.

"Bubs we cant sleep all day" Camila said sitting next to shawn.

"Its just hair I'm pathetic " shawn said and Camilas heart broke.

"Stop shawn,stop saying that. It's not true! None of it is. Yes its just hair but that hair was what you think is the last bit of you, that hair what you use to calm down,that hair is how I help you calm down. I understand baby but talk to me...I want to help" Camila said and shawn didn't have words right now so she just turned around and cuddled into her side.

It was a long road to recovery but shawn made it with the help of millions