6) hearing

Shawn was just a little boy when he lost his hearing.

It started when he was about 5 with just hearing problems but as the day went on his hearing got worse to a point where hearing aids had little to no help so he stopped wearing them and gave up on trying.

He went to speech therapy although he couldn't hear himself, his parents wanted to make sure when he spoke they could understand him just in case of emergency but since he couldn't hear himself he chose to just sign instead.

Making friends was one of the hardest things to do,when they found out he couldn't hear they would give up on trying to talk or anything.

Until the very day he met his best friend Camila cabello.

Shawn was 6 and Camila was 7 it had been about a year since his hearing decreased .

When she went up and tried to talk to him he signed that he couldn't hear her and was ready for her to walk away and give up but she didn't, instead she sat down besides shawn and got a stick writing what she wanted to say on the ground.

After she was done writing she handed the stick over to shawn and that's how they became friends.

Shawn is now 18 and Camila is 19 and over the years shes learned sign language, she didn't know everything or was perfect at it up it was enough for shawn to understand, plus over the years shawn got better at reading lips which was a blessing and not a blessing at times.

Over the years Camila figure out how shawn "heard " things.

Shawn was really good at playing guitar and piano despite the fact he couldn't hear, Camila learned he used to vibration of the group and trust in his to play along to the track.

He would place his hand on her stomach to feel her stomach vibrating from laughing, cause although he couldn't hear it didn't hurt to imagine what it would be like.

Now shawn is 21 and Camila is 23, they are still bestfriends but shawn is having troubles with that title.

He wanted to date her but there were to problems.

She was currently in a relationship and she was happy, the happiest he'd ever seen her, maybe even happier then when shes with him and he guessed it made sense.

The other problem was that they were to different, yeah they were very similar but Camila deserved to be with someone would could hear her and not have to rely on touch and vibrations to know what was going on.

Shawn of course knew he was worthy of love but he wanted to be worthy of her love and of course in a way he was but it wasn't the type he wanted.

He couldn't picture being with anyone but her,although he knew he had to.

She was the first on only person to actually be friends with him and not ask stupid questions about his hearing.

She has from day one been there for him and didn't let the fact that he couldn't hear affect that.

She treated him like he was a normal person and shawn really appreciated that.

With dating it was hard for shawn of course he could be with someone who was also couldn't hear or knew asl but it won't just fill forced.

He wanted to be with someone who actually loved him and he had a true connection not with someone who faked there affection. He wanted a genuine true person and so far the only person was Camila.

After months of hoping and wishing that somehow Camila and him would get together he understood he had to move and and he did.

Or at least hes trying and for the most part its working.