Chapter 51 (Unedited)

Lia.

I am dying with anticipation since the moment Ezron has walked out of the     house with Steve and Alec. Even Chiara had left long back after giving out all the details. Though Ezron still arranged a bodyguard for Chiara too incase, not taking any chances. He has gone for  a meeting with his men about how they are going to get the boy back. I guess it was just right when I had decided today morning to call Chiara and help her meet Ezron. Because wasting anymore days could have endangered that child's life.It midnight right now and he hasn't come back yet, I couldn't stop pacing in our garden with anxiety bubbling in my body. Did they receive any message from those people?

The sound of engine pulled me out of my thoughts and I immediately stood at the sidelines of our garden waiting for him. The black car stopped at the gate and he stepped out. Passing the keys to the guard, he looked up. I smiled at him but when he reciprocated the same, it didn't reach his eyes. Now that got me worried. I take in his look, disheveled hairs, blazer hanging between his fingers and his blue shirt out of his pants. His wide shoulder seem to be tensed for some reason.

I walked forward to meet him halfway.

"Hey"
"Yoeu didn't slept yet?" He snaked his arm atound me and dipped his head for a quick peck, I ignore the tingle and focus on his question. Shaking my negative I take his hands in mine, pulling him inside our house. I am sure this man didn't have dinner. As soon as we get in the dining hall, I make him sit on the chair.

"Lia, what are you doing?" Ezron's tired voice made me feel guilty to stop him from going to bed but food is important too.

"You didn't have dinner right?" He shook his head neagative.

"So wait, I'll just heat the pot." Before he could utter a word, I quickly dash into the kitchen and heat the dinner before plating it out. My stomach growled the aroma of the food. I palted out one more plate for myself before carrying them out. Ezron was staring blankly in space.

"Here." He looked at the plate then back at me.

I sat across him and pointed at the plate.

Halfway through the dinner Ezron broke the silence between us.

"I am going Italy tomorrow." My spoon stopped midway at his word and I looked up at him. What?

"Tomorrow?" My voice came out low.

He nodded before continuing.
"Chiara received a message from those bastards, they have asked her to come to Italy day after tomorrow."

I nodded my head, trying to wrap my mind around everything happening so fast.

From the scowl on his face and jaws clenched, I knew what he was tensed about the forthcoming event.

I place my hand on his hand and squeeze it, he breaks out of his trance at the sudden trance and glances at his hand before back at me.

" Please be safe and bring him back safely." I smile masking my fear.

Ezron nodded.
"How are you going to manage without letting them know your presence?" I asked curiously.

" We are going to cover the whole place they have asked to meet. Though I am only going to post few of my men in disguise to not let them be suspicious. We are not going to attack unless those bastards do something that would force us to do so. I want the boy safe and can't take any chances on that." I nodded my head, totally agreeing with him.

"But what if they realize that someone else is there other than Chiara?"

"I am not going to be there when Chiara  goes to the location, I will be in a car few meters away from the location. Don't worry I have planned everything out." I nodded my head but the worry still not leaving my mind.