Chapter 7

Lia.
Staring at the the sky outside and a hot cup of coffee my mind went back to now what will happen to Mama.She is the only one as a family I have right now and I don't want to loose her too.I wouldn't have known about the cancer if I didn't get the call.But I am determined to make her healthy at any cost.I remember I ran like a mad woman searching for taxi and as soon as I reached the hospital and saw Mama in the hospital bed unconscious, I broke down crying.It felt like someone had taken away a part of my soul.But soon the doctor said she is fine and I breathed in relief knowing she is fine and then the doctor asked me to take care of her as it is the 2nd stage of cancer and soon reaching to 3rd.I was shocked and couldn't move or think anything.My precious Mama had cancer.I nodded and sat beside her sleeping form holding her hand and stroking her head gently.I had so many questions in my head that why would she not tell me?

Soon she had opened her eyes and I bombarded her with my questions that why would she not tell me anything ,I could have taken care of her.She just explained that she didn't want me to worry with her health.I know she is selfless and doesn't want to trouble anyone but she isn't a trouble for me.After taking a promise from her to take care of her when suddenly Mama's attention went to my back,I turned around just in time to get my breath caught seeing Mr.Stone,any magazine or tabloids didn't do any justice with him.

In reality he looks more handsome than anyone I have seen but dangerous too with that dominating aura around him.I was so busy observing him that didn't realize he was yelling at Mama and I was about to stand up and tell him to behave when I noticed Mama subtly shaking her head.I then remembered Mama telling about his anger issue and I just watched him clenching his fist trying to control his anger but I couldn't control my gasp at his yelling and soon his eyes connected mine,I remained paralysed and a shiver went down my spine because they were the most coldest but oh so beautiful.I don't think that I ever saw such pair of grey blue eyes before with a dangerous glint and storm inside it.

As his attention snapped to me,Mama introduced us and I walked forward but  he took a step back and I dare not flinch but kept my little trembling confidence and put my hand forward for shake but he just stood there and I looked up to watch him glaring at me with those eyes.I know he does not have much patience so I just took my hand back and said no problem while internally sighing in relief and walking out of the door to give them some privacy and got myself a coffee from the cafeteria and now I am standing at window waiting for Mr.Stone to come out so I could take Mama with me. And-

Breaking me out of my thought were the hands that suddenly turned me around harshly.

"What the fuck do you want huh?You want money,property,fame or a good fuck huh?I bet you must me happy right now that you have trapped a good rich person in your trap?I wonder how did you fool Rachel with what sob stories but know one thing that you cannot fool me ,do you get that?"

I just stood there shocked while he continued yelling and accusing me while holding my shoulder tightly which started stinging a bit.

Tears started pricking my eyes and I struggled getting out of his hold by wriggling my shoulders.He shouted
"Answer me fucking now"
I just shook my head
"Yo-you are hurting me,please leave"I tried forming the sentence with shaky breaths.

He just stared for few seconds and looked at his hands and stormed out of there going straight to the corridor.I just stood there stunned with what happened and how did he misunderstand so much and is this the person I am going to marry?Am I taking the right decision?Will I be able to bring affection in his life or I'll be doomed in the darkness again?

I decided to go to Mama and take her home.I went to the counter and asked for the bill but it was already paid my Mr.Stone so I just took the discharge paper and went to Mama's room,she was laying while looking out of the window.I walked forward and took her hands in mine.She turned towards me while I returned her smile gently.

"Mama come we can leave now and go home,you are coming with me ok?"I said her determinedly.

"Oh angel but I do not want to trouble you and I can take care of my self so you do not have to worry"She said

I just shook my head.
"No Mama you are going to come with me and thats it"I just folded my arms to add my point.

She just shook her head saying along with the line of why she has to handle all the stubborn people.I just smiled at her.

"Ok let me just give Ezron a call that I'll be staying with you since he told me that he will send a driver to take me home."

I just nodded my head and went back to talk to the doctor about the medicines and precautionary measures to be taken.

When I came back Mama was ready and we walked out of the hospital.She called out to someone.

"Robin what are you doing here?"She asked the man in front of us who looked in his late 40's.
He just looked ahead and said curtly
"Mr.Stone has asked me to take you and Ms.Mathews to your destination.
Mama just nodded and Robin opened the door for us while I whispered a thank you while sliding in.

Mama just shook her head and said.
"This child worries too much for me I tell you Lia."

I just smiled at her and happy that atleast he cares about someone and has that kindness to take care of Mama.Atleast there is a hope for him.

Soon we reached the apartment and I turned the guest room into Mama's room for her while settling everything for her and I was glad seeing Mama getting comfortable it sent a different kind of warmth in my heart leading me to have tears in my eyes I just rubbed my eyes before she would notice.

At dinner I had prepared some food for
especially Mama as doctor had asked to and for me the same because I don't want her to get distracted with not so healthy food.

In mid dinner Mama got a call while she picked up.
"Yes Ezron I am having healthy dinner right now and I'll take the medicines"
She just shook her frustratingly because of Ezron calling her to ask if she had lunch or medicines.
After few seconds listening to the other side she let out a squeal and her eyes had lit up.
I just gazed at her confusingly wondering that what did Ezron say to make her so much happy.
She turned to me and said or more like shouted in happiness.
"Lia get get ready for tomorrow"
"But why?"I asked her
"Because my angel you and Ezron are going on a date tomorrow."She replied

Happy Reading.Please vote and comment.
Stay safe and healthy.
-Pihu