Chapter 6

Ezron.

"Stacy get me those fucking King Industries file or do you want to get fired today?"I yelled in anger hanging up or more like slaming the phone.Stacy is very competent and also hardworking woman but she should know how much I hate carelessness and not getting me the right file is making me fucking angry.

After few minuted there was a knock.
"Come in"I ordered
Stacy came and kept those file on the desk with shaking hand.Fucking right they should be shaking from fear because I am a devil everyone should be scared of me.

"What took you so long to bring the right file?"I all but glared at her
"Sorry Sir that won't be happening again"She said while lowering her head.
"That's right because the next time you do that you will be out of this building.Do you get that?"I asked
She nodded and she scurried out of the cabin.

I continued my work and soon it was around lunch time when Stacy buzzed the intercom.
"Yes Stacy, don't get me lunch just a sandwich will do."I said knowing she would ask me the same question she  asks everyday but I don't eat lunch because I am not used to it and I guess never will be after that incident and after him I don't care about lunche.Suddenly the thought of him made me close my eyes shut and it started getting hard for me to breathe ,I reached towards the glass and drank it all in one gulp.

After few minutes Stacy came with the sandwich and a reminder of my 5 o'clock meeting.

I was so engrossed with signing the documents that didn't realize it was time for meeting until Stacy came in.
Soon the meeting started and I was fully focused in the presentation that the man infront was presenting but the buzz of my phone won't stop ringing and whoever the fuck it was is definitely going to face my wrath,when finally it rang for the 3rd time I excused myself and went outside to pick the fucking phone call.

"Who the fuck it is?"I asked furiously to the caller
"Is this Mr.Ezron Stone?"She asked
"Yes and now what the fuck do you want?"I asked back to the person who decided to disturb me.
"This is Jane from City Hospital and Mrs.Rachel Rose is in the hospital but come fast,though I've called the second emergency number who was much polite since you weren't picking up but-" before she could complete the sentence I hung up and reached towards my car while ordering Stacy to handle the meeting.

I drove towards the hospital in speed to reach faster because god knows what if I loose the only person that cares for me and what happened
Did she meet with an accident?
She was fine in the morning then what happened now?
Why the fuck did I not give her a forceful retirement?

This is what happens to people I am close to.They get snatched away from me.I am nothing but evil I guess because people around me are never fine.I tightly held the steering wheel till my knuckles got white.

As soon as I reached the hospital I straight went to the receptionist.
"Where is Rachel Rose?"I asked calmly to control my temper.
The slutty bitch took all her time in eyeing me.
I banged the desk.
"NOW"I glared at her that made her work faster,thats better for her.
"Go str-straight and take a ri-right,room no.108"She said while backing away.
I ran in the direction and soon saw a doctor coming from the room.I strode towards him.
"What the hell happened to her?Is she fine?"I asked the doctor immediately
"Who are you?"He asked
Does he not know that I am Ezron fucking Stone.How dare he?
"Ezron Stone."I said calmly still trying not to loose my patience.
"And who are you to her?"
Why is he fucking questioning me so much.
"I am her fucking relative ,now answer my question before I loose my patience and get you fired."
I think that worked because he soon started speaking.
"Sir Mrs.Rose is fine right now and she was found unconscious in a store but this often happens when people in this condition"
I gazed at him confusingly.
"What do you mean by this condition?What condition are you talking about?"
He asked surprised
"Oh she didn't tell you?She is on 3rd stage cancer right now.Now if you'll please excuse me."

Just like that I was shocked again.Rachel has cancer and she didn't tell me.Why would she not tell me when she perfectly knows I could've helped her on the first stage itself with best of best medication.She is the most closest of mother figure I have in my fucked up life.

I reached the door to check on her.As soon as I opened the door ,there was a girl sitting with her back to me in a chair opposite to Rachel's bed talking in hushed voices.I guess Rachel noticed the movements because soon she turned towards me.
"Ezron,child when did you come and were you the one who was yelling?"She asked in a stern voice even being in that fucking bed.
"Rachel why the fuck did you not tell me that you have cancer?"I yelled not being able to digest the fact but something else diverted my attention.
The girl in the chair gasped causing my head to snap back in her direction.

Now it was my turn to get startled because the girl in front of me was an innocent lamb with that fucking doe like green eyes that were shining due to tears in her eyes and somehow that tears didn't set well for me.She had honey brown hairs with some rogue hairs falling on her face and-

Breaking my attention was the throat clearing of Rachel and I snapped my attention back while clenching my fists to have lost my focus because of some bitch.

Rachel looked me with that grin that always said trouble.
"Ezron meet Lia Matthews ,my daughter."
I was shocked because I thought that her whole family died
"But your-"She interrupted "I know,she is not my biological child but she is my daughter how ever"She said while squeezing that girl's hand.

Suddenly the girl came towards me while keeping her head low but as soon as she came in front of me I could see her properly now with small beauty mark on the left side of her chin in line with the jaw.Just a small brown dot.She was small in front of my 6'4 height with a height of probably 5'6 or something

She forwarded her hand for me to shake.
"Hello" She said in a small voice but that small word felt somewhat soothing to me.
I just looked at her hand but didn't shake it,she might be good looking or have angelic voice but I know better than to fall in her trap.
I just looked at her with cold eyes and that was enough to take her hand back.
"No problem"She said with a small smile.
How dare she fucking smile at me.Do I look like a clown to her.She must have seen my glare because soon she excused herself to get some coffee but not before glancing back one last time.I stared at the door for few seconds before looking at Rachel
"Why did you not tell me?" I said putting my hands in pocket,not knowing how to be more comforting.
"Child I didn't want to burden you because I know you would have caused a big issue about it".
I was suddenly furious with her words
"You think you having cancer isn't a big issue,Rachel it is a big issue do you know that, anything could have happened to you."I said her trying to control myself.
"See this is why I didn't want to tell you because you get angry real fast and worry too much."She said almost shouting at me
"Whatever it is but now I am going to show you to the world's best doctor and cure you back"I said determinedly.
"Child I am almost going to be on the last stage and soon going to die so you don't have to worry about me."She said gently
How can she like that she is going to die.I won't let her die,I will bring the best of best doctors if I have to.
"No you are not and you are going for the treatment and that's the end of the discussion."I said as calmly as possible.
"No I am not going for any treatment."She said sternly but I am not backing away.
"Yes you will"I replied back.
"No"She said folding her arms.
"For fuck sake what will it take you to say yes?"I yelled at her finally losing my temper while also smashing the vase on the table.
She just eyed the vase and rolled her eyes,turning towards me with that grin again.
"Marry Lia".
And I was shocked again.I backed up and said "No"
She turned other side and said"Then I will not get any treatment."
I glared at her
"You know that you are blackmailing right?I told you I don't want to marry anyone why don't you get it?"I almost yellled again.
She suddenly took my arm and made me sit on the chair.
"I know but I am worried if I'll die then there should be someone to look after you and you need someone because everyone needs someone at one point child.Please just accept this request and I'll take whatever treatment you will tell me to do."She said with pleading eyes.

If this is what it takes to save Rachel then I'll marry that fucking bitch who has trapped Rachel with that innocent face but she can't fool me.I'll show her what a devil I am.

"Ok I'll marry her"I confirmed.Rachel squeezed my hand while patting my cheeks with her other hand.

"Thankyou Child"She said with teary eyes.

I just nodded asking her to rest and stormed out of  the room.

Happy Reading.Please vote and comment.
Stay safe and healthy.
-Pihu