Chapter 41 (Unedited)

Lia.

Eating a cake should be an easy task right? But not when you have a handsome hunk walking around the kitchen and make food for you. Yes food. This morning I woke up late only to get the shock of my life. Ezron in the kitchen making breakfast for me. Until it is ready he let me have some cake and coffee as I didn't have dinner too last night. The horrible scenarios of elevator rushed my mind and I invisibly shuddered at the thought. Also now Ezron knows I have nyctophobia, he know a part of my past. What if he figures out fully? Should I let him in? B-but it scares me to do so. Somehow a little voice in my head encourages me to tell him all my griefs and everything about I've suffered. Yesterday I when I woke, I wasn't surprised to find myself in the bedroom because I vaguely remember Ezron doing that. The way he held me yesterday was as if I am the most precious person in his life. He took care of me. Also he plays the piano so well. I raised my question aloud.

"Who taught you piano?"He stopped chopping the veggies for pizza.I don't know why is he even making that. Omelettes are more than enough for me.

He continued chopping while answering me.

"I used to work as a car washer and house cleaner for a Music teacher" I leaned forward to listen more intently "He once caught me tryimg to play an old piano in the storeroom. I thought he would fire me. But instead he decided to teach me whenever he was free. So I learned from him. Not even Lucas knew about this." Crap.He said Lucas. I waited for him to overcome with anger but no such thing happen. Does it not affect now? Or has he become that comfortable with me. I shoved back my thought and focus on our coversation.

"Wow" I look at him appreciatively as he looks up with a small smile but "What age were you when you worked there?"

He looked up as if I had asked something weird.
"Fourteen,why?" He palmed his hand on the counter and my eyes momentarily follow the bulge in his forearm. Bad Lia.
"Weren't you underage to work?"I ask curiously.
"I had to, for my school fees and shit."He shrugged before moving back to bring the dough.

The more I try to know him, the more my respect for him increase. Ezron Stone has so much to him than the world would know.I tuck my loose hair behind my ears but then suddenly something struck my mind and I narrowed my eyes at him.

"The gift you gave me is really expensive Ezron"He stopped kneading the dough and looked up at me with deadpanned expression

"Accept it already, it definitely didn't leave me bankrupt." And he went back to his rolling the dough.

"But-"He glared up shutting me successfully
"No word on this topic anymore?"I huff out before going back to finish the omelettes.

"Actually I was going to ask that did you pick the gift alone or someone helped you out?"I stood up to put my plate in the sink.

He stared at me before answering back with a sheepish look.
"Stacy helped out but the color was definitely my idea."I suppress my laughter at his childlike claim.

I moved beside him and decided to tease him more.

"So why Emerald, your favourite color or what?" He never told me his favourite color.

He stopped rolling the dough and fully turned around. He stared into my eyes deeply and all the mischievous thoughts flew out of my head as I find my self lost in the mixture of white and black abyss.

"I guess."He brought up his hand but didn't touch me. His flour filled thumb hover under my right eye. I stare in his now softened gaze. Are his eyes really staring into mine differently? Or am I hallucinating. He leaned closer and so did I but...

I blinked my eyes and he quickly moved away. Clearing my throat, I went back to sitting on the chair again. God I can't let my emotions get carried away.I stared at the unfinished plate of cake,oh  how did I forget this, well it can definitely keep me distracted. I quickly stabbed my fork in the cake and took the bite of the delicious. I plan to meet Amanda later personally though she called me in the morning itself. She sounded so worried. I felt guilt seep into me, she had planned so much and I  ruined it.